• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text boxes overlapping instead of pushing content down

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having a lot of issues with this. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I create two text boxes one on top one on the bottom. I figure that when you start filling up the text box on the top the text box below should automatically be pushed down the page. The frustrating thing is that usually when I set it up initially it works but then when I format the text box doesn't push the box down anymore it just overlaps it... It really has been making no sense to me. I've searched but can't find an answer, is there an easy fix or is it a bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

You pinned the text boxes to the center of the canvas, ...

Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-29 um 02.52.24.png

I unpinned them, set them underneath each other in every breakpoint

and there you go.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-29 um 02.47.51.png

Of course you have to place them correctly, then it should work as expected.

Pinning and pushing each other down is not supported. This happens, BTW, to accordions as well, if you don`t want to

overlapp content below. Anything has to be unpinned which should push something to any place.

Hope this helps to keep on working before sunday afternoon .

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is normally a quite simple thing. The only thing we need to help efficiently:

Create a new site with only one page and only a few elements, which demonstrate your issue clearly. (This is necessary, because it saves download- and analysing-time). Upload this .muse file (without assets) to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and provide the download link here. Then we can have a closer look.

Thus, time consuming „question and answer“ games or pure guessing can be considerably reduced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, here is the link..

https://www.dropbox.com/pri/get/text%20box%20sample.muse?_subject_uid=12729754&w=AADAXBRtdbtYiKpunBOz9t1ebKnaK2BTAVRiFLdhN9OyzA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link doesn’t work! You have to give us a public link!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry here you go...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i7ibcmkz9whyq90/text%20box%20sample.muse?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the two text boxes in every breakpoint to "Resize: Responsive Width" (small menu in the upper cotrol strip) and check. that the text boxes don’t overlap in any breakpoint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I did everything you said then I entered text in the upper text box in the 1200 breakpoint and the box just overlapped into the box beneath.. try if for yourself..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1cizwrgi5848uxw/text%20box%20sample%202.muse?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try sunday afternoon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You pinned the text boxes to the center of the canvas, ...

Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-29 um 02.52.24.png

I unpinned them, set them underneath each other in every breakpoint

and there you go.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-29 um 02.47.51.png

Of course you have to place them correctly, then it should work as expected.

Pinning and pushing each other down is not supported. This happens, BTW, to accordions as well, if you don`t want to

overlapp content below. Anything has to be unpinned which should push something to any place.

Hope this helps to keep on working before sunday afternoon .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!!! thank you very much, that was driving me mad!!!… your help was much appreciated..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome bobsybob all time. I had good teachers - he, Günter Heißenbüttel​ was one of them.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a very similar issue.. This first image is before I change the browser width...

shot 1.jpg

And after a small change to the browser width...

shot 2.jpg

When the "garages and carports" header changes height everything moves down including the grey box behind it. But the "extensions, orangeries.." header doesn't move...

This is driving me mental! Any suggestions welcome. Nothing to do with pinning as the box below "garages..." header is pinned left and works fine..

Thanks everybody

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mattb76842097​, your problem looks quite different. But for checking mor properly we would need a .muse.

Reduce your issue to one page with these two elements and we can have a look at it.

The issue for: bobsybob​ should be solved for mow, I guess.

Cheerio

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines