• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

parts of puppet disappear when adding cycle layers to element

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I created this octopus puppet and I wanted it to spurt out ink when triggered by a key. It consists of 10 layers so I added the cycle layers in Character Animator but when I trigger it the head disappears. What can be done to avoid this? I want both the puppet and the ink to be seen. Screen Shot 2017-04-28 at 19.44.28.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-28 at 19.44.12.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just uncheck "Hide others in group." The only time you want to do that is if it's in a folder of other stuff you do want to hide, like several different hand positions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Been having trouble with this for so long, can't believe it was so simple.

p.s. your tutorials on youtube are absolutely wonderful, I've never learned so much over a span of 45 minutes.  :---))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have ran into a bit of an issue with my puppet. For this puppet I'm doing animation poses by only using cycle layers- not draggers. Then assigning triggers to the layer. It works expect when the character is in idol the arms disappear as seend in the screenshot. Not sure if there is a solution. Is it possible to do this?

Thank you! Huge fan! 

defaultmtb0fz520pc1_0-1606344362879.png

defaultmtb0fz520pc1_1-1606344390067.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am guessing you have the following set up (based on screen capture).

- You have 3 layers in the cycle (arms at side, arms half way, arms crossed)

- You have the cycle reverse when the trigger is released

If this is correct, I suggest the following change:

- Create a group that holds the the first of the 3 layers and a cycle layers group

- The cycle layers group only has two layers now, (arms half way & arms crossed)

- Put a swapset on the top group where the "arms-at-side" is the default for the swapset

- Put the trigger on the cycle layers

The idea is hitting the trigger switches from the default arms-at-side image and starts playing the cycle layers for the non-arms-at-side images.

The other thing I wonder if possible is to use the cycle layers pasue capability somehow. You can mark a cycle layer as "stop on this layer". If the cycle repeated automatically you hit a trigger to let it play the next few frames. In this case I think you would put 4 in the squence: arms-at-side (with pause), arms-half-way, arms-crossed (with pause), arms-half-way. Each trigger would make the cycle keep going until the next pause layer. But this would not work with different sets of arms - the swap set you can add multiple different positions (arms up in air etc) with the arms-at side being the default pose you return to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello thank you for the quick reply. Let me test your theory and see if I'm following you correctly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alank99101739 

I'm messing up some where. I think I'm almost there, lol. When the trigger activates, the arms-at-side somes at the same time the cycle layer does. Thank you, again! 

Capture2.JPGCapture1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I WORKEDDDD!! THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!! HAHAHA!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just had to make sure over in triggers, the cycle layer (Trigger) was within the same swap set as the arms-at-side. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines