• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

z = zoom!

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to be able to hit the z button on my computer and get the zoom tool, as I was able to do when I was using Photoshop7.

Scenario:  I am using the lasso tool.  I want to zoom so I hit z  and the tool switches to zoom, and I draw a box around the area I want to zoom into.  I get no zoom and after a few seconds a lasso selection shows up in the area instead.  I look and the tool has reverted to lasso.  I have discovered that I need to hit z twice although this does not work 100% of the time.  Even worse- sometimes I'm using the erase tool and I accidentally erase stuff when the tool switches back to erase even though I pressed z.  I will see the the tool has switched to zoom as it should when pressing z, I will make a box around where I want to zoom and then I see stuff get deleted because the stupid thing switches back to erase!

This really screws up my pace while I'm working.  Please tell me there is a solution for this...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Hi Patricia

I think you are just holding down too long on the z key. Photoshop will switch tools if you quickly tap the z key. If you hold down on the z key it will temporarily switch tools (for as long as you are holding the key) and when you let go it switches back to the previously selected tool. So try a quick tap to get the default behavior that you want.

Let us know if that helps

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop? Which operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Patricia

I think you are just holding down too long on the z key. Photoshop will switch tools if you quickly tap the z key. If you hold down on the z key it will temporarily switch tools (for as long as you are holding the key) and when you let go it switches back to the previously selected tool. So try a quick tap to get the default behavior that you want.

Let us know if that helps

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines