• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon 5dsr raw images

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm the proud owner of Lightroom 5.7. I'm also the proud owner of a Canon 5dMk3 and, recently, a Canon 5dsr.

Raw images from the Mk3 have no issues being imported into Lightroom 5.7.

Initially I had no issues importing Raw images from the 5dsr UNTIL I changed the file format on the camera to just Raw (CR2) rather than Raw + Jpeg. Then I found the file format wasn't supported in 5.7.

Which Lightroom supports the Raw file format from the 5dsr and how come I could import Raw images initially but then I couldn't (weird)?

Do I have to move to Lightroom 6? Can I upgrade to Lightroom 6? I really would prefer not to use CC.

Any help/suggestions would be gratefully recived. I'm on the forum because when I searched it appears that LR6 still presents some issues.

Cheers

Brian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

The Canon 5DSR was first supported in Lightroom 6.0

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Initially I had no issues importing Raw images from the 5dsr UNTIL I changed the file format on the camera to just Raw (CR2) rather than Raw + Jpeg.

You were only importing JPGs initially. Now that you've changed to Raw only, you cannot import at all because 5.7 cannot read the 5DSR Raw files.

To open the Raw files, you must upgrade to version 6: Cloud or non-Cloud.

If you don't want CC (Cloud) then follow these ste

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Canon 5DSR was first supported in Lightroom 6.0

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Initially I had no issues importing Raw images from the 5dsr UNTIL I changed the file format on the camera to just Raw (CR2) rather than Raw + Jpeg.

You were only importing JPGs initially. Now that you've changed to Raw only, you cannot import at all because 5.7 cannot read the 5DSR Raw files.

To open the Raw files, you must upgrade to version 6: Cloud or non-Cloud.

If you don't want CC (Cloud) then follow these steps to buy the upgrade to version 6

Download and install Lightroom 6 (Single App license)

A free alternative is to stay with version 5.7 and convert your 5DSR Raw files to DNG format. Then import the DNG files into 5.7 and edit them.

Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Camera Raw: How to use Adobe DNG Converter - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines