• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw [Edit in Photoshop generates a Camera Raw compatibility dialogue box]

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When in LR I selected from Photo's menu in LR for the first time, "Edit in Photoshop CC 2017..." I got a warning dialogue , which I can't remember exactly but it reference a specific version of Camera Raw, ( which I have made sure I updated") in any event when the program switches to PS, it no longer opens Camera Raw for raw files processing.

In fact I don't know how to open Camera Raw at all in Photoshop, I did a reset all warnings in LR, but it's still not working, i.e. opening in Camera Raw..

Help.. thanks

Kim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

When you invoke "Edit In Photoshop" from Lightroom, a background script passes the Lightroom settings on to the Camera Raw plugin (ACR), which opens the file silently into Photoshop. The ACR window does not open. There's no need, since all the settings were made in Lightroom.

There is a bug in the latest version which presents a version incompatibility message. This message should be ignored, it will still work normally.

The only way to get the ACR window is if you open a jpeg/TIFF from Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you invoke "Edit In Photoshop" from Lightroom, a background script passes the Lightroom settings on to the Camera Raw plugin (ACR), which opens the file silently into Photoshop. The ACR window does not open. There's no need, since all the settings were made in Lightroom.

There is a bug in the latest version which presents a version incompatibility message. This message should be ignored, it will still work normally.

The only way to get the ACR window is if you open a jpeg/TIFF from Lightroom into Photoshop, and you have ACR preferences set to open these file types. For raw files, the ACR window will never appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As D Fosse stated

The ACR window does not open. There's no need, since all the settings were made in Lightroom.

However, if you think you may want to open the ACR window, choose from Lightroom the option to Open in Photoshop as a Smart Object.  Once in PS, simply double click that smart object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response, very helpful

Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines