Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I email myself PDF verions of my project anymore?? - ADOBE IDEAS

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE IDEAS ISSUE - NOT ADOBE DRAW

I used to be able to email myself PDF versions of my projects to myself, which was super convenient and a lot better than uploading and downloading from the creative cloud. WHY IS THIS NOT WORKING ANYMORE?

The email tab still comes up, it's just when I click send that I receive no email with the PDF file attached...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Martin.

Definitely DO NOT do that; Adobe Ideas will not run on newer operating systems.

Is your email program working with other apps? Can you test this particular capability with any other app on that device?

I can ask one of the Draw engineers on Monday what  might be the cause and whether there's a solution.

But definitely don't update your version of iOS.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Martin,

Because Adobe Ideas hasn't been updated or supported for almost three years, I suspect the inability to email has something to do with the version of the operating system on the device.

On my iPhone email opens but immediately closes. What device and what version of iOS are you using?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sue,

Thank you for your quick response!

I am currently running iOS 8.4.1 and this is on my iPad, do you recommend updating it to resolve this problem?

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Martin.

Definitely DO NOT do that; Adobe Ideas will not run on newer operating systems.

Is your email program working with other apps? Can you test this particular capability with any other app on that device?

I can ask one of the Draw engineers on Monday what  might be the cause and whether there's a solution.

But definitely don't update your version of iOS.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never had any problem before using this same iOS to email myself PDF versions of my projects, it only started happening maybe about 3 months ago..

I've had to upload my projects to the creative cloud and download PNG versions (PDF format not offered) and using Live Trace which has produced a similar quality of image... but it's just annoying because the process before was seamless as the art I produced in Adobe Ideas came out exactly how they were when I opened the PDF version in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines