• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Effect in PS CC 17 Who can tell me how to get this effect in PS, please?

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not an effect, this is a semi-transparent 3D mesh obscuring itself with an incidence based shader, thus giving different opacities where it overlaps. If you were to re-create it in PS, obviously trying to re-create it with a 3D mesh and a texture might work. Otherwise you can of course emulate it with tons of semi-transparent layers stacked on each other, otehr apps like Flamepianter or the Corel ParticleShop plug-in. Even some stuff from the parametric fills section liek the flames might get you there.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Además de con las técnicas 3D que ha explicado Mylenium, este tipo de fondos pueden realizarse de manera sencilla en Photoshop aplicando filtros de desenfoque sobre manchas y deformando dichas manchas desenfocadas.

Para ello primero seleccionamos una mancha en una capa:

Captura de pantalla 2017-04-26 a las 19.06.38.png

Luego aplicamos un filtro de desenfoque:

Captura de pantalla 2017-04-26 a las 19.08.36.png

Por ultimo deformamos la imagen resultante:

Captura de pantalla 2017-04-26 a las 19.12.03.png

Duplicando esta capa o repitiendo el proceso en otras capas y jugando con sus transparencias se consigue el efecto deseado en pocos pasos.

Buena suerte!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. Going to try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Louise

It's always nice to make this sort of effect yourself, rather than downloading smoke or abstract brushes.  This was done with a custom bush that took me less than a minute to make.

Make a new layer, and run a black to white gradient down the screen

Select a vertical strip about 5 pixels wide, and delete the rest (Invert select and hit delete)

Gaussian blur the thin gradient with a value of about 5

Add a small black dot to the top of the line.

Go Edit > Define Brush preset Call it something like Veil or Curtain.

OK, select the brush tool, which should have your new preset.

In the Brush presets panel set spacing to 1%

Under Shape Dynamics set Angle Jitter to Direction

Under Scattering, se the Count to 2 (to make the line denser)

Under Transfer set Opacity Jitter to Pen Pressure

OK, set the brush opacity to about 60%, and lay down some lines.

If you want to make the effect brighter, duplicate the layer and set to Screen.

You might like to look at this old thread

Re: Corel ParticalShop — Brush plugin for Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so so much, Trevor for such a good, explanatory tutorial.  going to try it immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2017-04-29 10.53.01.pngPlease don't laugh, this is wat I ended up with, lol!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make the brush preset you need to be on a new layer, and set the gradient to Linear in the options bar

Select a thin column like below.  Mabe a bit thinner than this.  An easy way to go from there is to copy the selection to a new layer (Ctrl j - Cmd j).  I have turned off the gradient layer for the sake of clarity.

Give the line a small Gaussian blur

I've added a trick now, by setting the eraser to 50% and painting over the line to reduce its opacity.  Then paint a small black dot at the top of the line.  This gives nice edge effect when painting.

Edit > Define Brush Preset, and give it the settings I mentioned back up the thread.

The lines on the right were done after setting the brush angle to 90°. 

Experiment with all the jitter, dynamics and presets.  You can't break anything, and you'll discover all sorts of effects.

100% Foreground background color jitter on the left, and 100% Hue jitter on the right.  It's a lot of fun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled-5.jpg

Thank you so much for the time you spend to help me.  I'm making progress, whoohoo!  thank you, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Untitled-5.jpg

Got it, now i can start playing with it, Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines