• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Click and drag images within Photoshop, between tabs etc

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I presume i've hit a button accidentally but i can no longer click and drag images around with the image following my mouse it only moves to it's destination when i release the mouse.This is annoying because i want to be able to click and drag images between tabs etc.

Any help greatly appreciated, just ask if you want me to explain in further detail

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

I've had this happen before and it was graphics driver related. Not sure if this would apply to your situation. Here are some things to try and alternate ways to get layers from one document to another:

• Update graphics card drivers

• Check mouse settings / if using some mice--there can be "weirdness" between the drivers used by your system and the company that made the mouse

• Try dragging the Layer in the layer panel instead of graphic in the document window

• Alternate Method: Right-Click your layer in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I thought a video may help a little more

Desktop 04 29 2017 16 13 24 34 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t make it out very well, after dragging onto the other tab did you drag onto the Canvas?

If you are sure the behaviour was previously different you try restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to point out that i physically cant drag it onto the other tab because when clicking and dragging an image it doesnt follow my mouse ill show a clearer video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have reset preferences but that diddnt work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this happen before and it was graphics driver related. Not sure if this would apply to your situation. Here are some things to try and alternate ways to get layers from one document to another:

• Update graphics card drivers

• Check mouse settings / if using some mice--there can be "weirdness" between the drivers used by your system and the company that made the mouse

• Try dragging the Layer in the layer panel instead of graphic in the document window

• Alternate Method: Right-Click your layer in the Layers Panel and choose DUPLICATE. Then, just change the destination to any open document you want to send it to (this method also is a form of Paste-In-Place if documents are the same size)

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much i will try these tomorrow and let you know the results

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines