• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem with calalog

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to choose the right catalog. I have several folders within my Pictures. Previously, I could see all my folders, now I can only choose one at a time. any thoughts or help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

You need to go to the Folders section of the left hand panel in the Library module. If by chance the "Folders" heading isn't shown right click any other heading and select Folders from the list, make sure it has a Check Mark.

Folders aren't catalogs and collections aren't folders either.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Explain further. Show us screen captures.

I don't understand why you are unable to choose the right catalog — what is stopping you?

I don't understand when you say "previously I could see all my folders" and then "I can choose one at a time" ... what does seeing folders have to do with choosing folders one at a time? Are you talking about Importing, or the Library module, or something else? Details, details, details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your questions. I am new at this so I might not have all the lingo.

On the left hand side of my LR screen, under "Catalog" it shows only "All Photographs", ""Quick Collections" and "Previous Import." The way I have my libraries organized is by folders and years when the photographs were taken, so I could be in LR choose a folder from a specific year and look at specific pictures. It no longer appears that way. All I can see now is "all photographs" but not organized. How do I go back to being able to see my photograph the way I had them organized?  I hope this is clearer. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to go to the Folders section of the left hand panel in the Library module. If by chance the "Folders" heading isn't shown right click any other heading and select Folders from the list, make sure it has a Check Mark.

Folders aren't catalogs and collections aren't folders either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! That was it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folders is further down on the left. Click on the word Folders

2017-04-29 12_25_36-Cortana.png

If it is not shown there, then use the menu command Window->Panels->Folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines