Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

merge a gradient with a color to create new gradient

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi dear community,

i have created a rectangle in a dark pink. in the layer above i added the same rec in a golden gradient and added some transparency to create a rosé golden color gradient. now how do i combine these two to create a new swatch (hope this is the right one, as my AI speakes german. there it says "Farbfelder".

hoping for some geniuses here

Sophie

PS: I use CS6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

As usual, there are a few different ways of doing the same thing.  I would write down the color percentages of the "dark pink" ( hopefully you are in CMYK document color mode ).  The "golden gradient" color percentages should be written down as well.  I am assuming you are using "Multiply" in the transparency modes for the GG layer.  So, you could add the percentages to create a new swatch.  Very tedious.  Another way is to flatten the graphic and export it as a high res tiff to Photoshop.  In P

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Mentor ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As usual, there are a few different ways of doing the same thing.  I would write down the color percentages of the "dark pink" ( hopefully you are in CMYK document color mode ).  The "golden gradient" color percentages should be written down as well.  I am assuming you are using "Multiply" in the transparency modes for the GG layer.  So, you could add the percentages to create a new swatch.  Very tedious.  Another way is to flatten the graphic and export it as a high res tiff to Photoshop.  In Photoshop, take a reading from the area of the pink golden gradient using the eyedropper tool.  Write down those percentages and use those numbers for your new swatch.  No easy way out of this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks!!

I did the Photoshop-version and it worked fine. just had to add some lines in AI to make sure to get the right pixels.

thank you for helping me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines