• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best software for DVD Slideshow [was Question]

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the best program to create a slideshow that can be burned and played on a dvd?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft's Powerpoint is the most popular application for creating slideshows:

Burn your slide show to a disc - PowerPoint

If you want to use an Adobe product you might look into Spark or Acrobat.

Free Visual and Digital Storytelling App | Adobe Spark Page

https://www.creativetechs.com/tipsblog/build-an-acrobat-pdf-slideshow/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Proshow by Photodex is a program built solely for creating slideshows and burning them to disk. It's not as powerful as something like Premiere, but it's easy to use and has a great feature set for just slideshows.

ProShow - The Ultimate HD Slideshow Tool

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll add a 'me too' for Proshow and Proshow Gold.  It is what all the New Zealand camera club and photographic society people use.  I am not even sure if and how you would do it with Adobe products now that Encore has been discontinued.  I think Premiere Pro CS6 was the last to include Encore, but it has a bit of a learning curve.

Captivate might do it, but would be totally over the top.

Just to be completely sure, are you talking about playing the DVD with a television?  So many Smart TVs have USB sockets and can play MP4 files, or even do a slide show from a folder of stills on the memory stick.  If your TV does not have a USB socket, but does have HDMI socket(s) then there are fairly cheap media players that will play MP4 files on a television.  I used an early WD TV player before Smart TVs were introduced.  There are loads of options available now though, and from about $25  You'll get way better quality using MP4 as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use After Effects.

How To Make A Slideshow With After Effects - YouTube

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.  I have Premiere...gonna try that first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

meredithc68586636  wrote

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.  I have Premiere...gonna try that first.

Premier Pro will let you pan & scan, but be aware that moving the image more than about 10% over about five seconds can make your audience feel a bit nauseous.  This is even more apparent  when viewing on a large screen.  I usually size about 2300 hundred pixels wide for a 1080 timeline so I have the option of pan & scan & zoom.

Premiere is also an order of magnitude better for syncing audio because you can see the waveform.  It must be a terribly frustrating experience trying to so it with Photoshop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Premiere, if you already have it then  yeah I would drag and drop all my pictures from th File Explorer into the Premiere Project; then similarly select all the pictures within the project and drag and drop onto the timeline.

Drag in whatever audio you want to go with the slideshow.

Add whatever transitions you want, if it looks good export.

Slideshow done !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines