Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help: importing from Mac Photo app and deleting all photos

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to lightroom.

1. I'm on a Mac and cannot figure out how to import of export from the Mac Photo app. I'm lost.

2. I have managed to import some photos, but it is random, not in order, incomplete, and I have duplicates. I just want to just dump all the photos I managed to import and start again and import them form the Mac photo app. How do I do this?

3. I've been paying for LR for months and cannot figure out this simple task. I feel like an idiot.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

How to transfer photos from iPhoto or Aperture to Photoshop Lightroom (Mac OS)

In Photos > Select images you want to export > Go to File > Export > choose Export or Export Originals. Follow the prompts in the dialog box to choose where to save your exports to. Once you've exported the files you can then import them into your Lightroom catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Photos stores your images in a Package folder. To have access to them you have to expand that package folder and copy the original images out and into some other folder that LR can access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to transfer photos from iPhoto or Aperture to Photoshop Lightroom (Mac OS)

In Photos > Select images you want to export > Go to File > Export > choose Export or Export Originals. Follow the prompts in the dialog box to choose where to save your exports to. Once you've exported the files you can then import them into your Lightroom catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is it? There is no way to bring photos from Photos into Lightroom without going into Photos and exporting them to some file new, separate file structure? I feel like an idiot, too. Why is it SO hard and why can't an easy answer to this be readily available?

I've used these Adobe Products and their precursors for over 30 years and my re-entry into this software environment has been and continues to be incredibly frustrating for this one simple reason. I can't get my photos from my Apple computer into Lightroom for editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines