Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate CC & Muse: Stop looping action

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I want to create an animated header that gets smaller as you scroll down. I have been searching various websites with no result as to how to stop the looping action in Muse. I know I can’t make it stop in Muse, but in Animate CC. I have turned off Loop Timeline under Publish Settings. It is extremely infuriating to see my header continue to become bigger and smaller and vice versa as I scroll.

—Mads

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When an OAM thing is in a Muse page, the actual window is seen as window.parent. You should be able to figure out the window's scroll by checking window.parent instead of window. Then you would send your Animate timeline to the frame that matches the scroll of the main window, and not the OAM level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t understand what you want me to do. What’s a window.parent?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you read discussions like this:

JavaScript get window X/Y position for scroll - Stack Overflow

you'll see how people read the scroll of the window, and in your case you would use that to make your header be bigger or smaller.

But, in Muse when using an OAM, the OAM content (your Animate files), is one level down from the window. So, if you understand the stackoverflow article enough to read the page scroll values, where they talk about:

window.pageYOffset

you would need to use:

window.parent.pageYOffset

instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines