• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help exporting 8K video from After Effects

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to export an 8K composition, and when I put it in Adobe Media Encoder, and click the QuickTime option, there is no MPEG-4 wrapper, which is what I've heard is the best way to export.  I could export it uncompressed but the file size would be over 500gb, which would take hours to upload to youtube and would exceed my hdd capacity.

I am running Windows 10 by the way, so ProRes is not an option.

Do I need to install a codec for exporting 8K?  Maybe I'm going about this all wrong, so help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

1. use a 3rd party plugin named x264 pro that is installed as a format right in AME (which is great) that can handle this resolution for an mp4 file. (checked it now and it works)

2. render Quicktime Animation and then drag that file to Handbrake which is a free x.264 encoder. (very easy - drag and drop, set a preset, hit start) that will give you 8k in an mp4 file (checked it now and it works - set it to legacy normal in the presets)

BTW Prores official resolution limit is at 5K so that would not

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. use a 3rd party plugin named x264 pro that is installed as a format right in AME (which is great) that can handle this resolution for an mp4 file. (checked it now and it works)

2. render Quicktime Animation and then drag that file to Handbrake which is a free x.264 encoder. (very easy - drag and drop, set a preset, hit start) that will give you 8k in an mp4 file (checked it now and it works - set it to legacy normal in the presets)

BTW Prores official resolution limit is at 5K so that would not be an option anyway. (but then again the official resolution limit for H.264 is 4k so...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines