Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to include the title of a photo on a print and not have it under the photo

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am printing notecards of landscapes. I want to include the title, which is the location, but my only option is Photo Info/Title. First, it is an unattractive font, and second, I want the title on the back of the card above my nameplate.

I have scoured the internet for options. I have all my images and templates in Lightroom 2017, but I am willing to try another program (inDesign) if LR will not work.

Please help...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Lightroom isn't a layout program so has very little in the way of custom text. You'd genuinely be better off using InDesign for layouts.

That said, there are more Text options in the Slideshow Module. Turn on Text Overlays, then use the ABC section in the Toolbar at the bottom. Choose Filename, then place the text on the image (or the slide, just make the background colour the same as your notecard.

The benefit of this is it will automate the naming. I think you'd have to cut and paste names in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom isn't a layout program so has very little in the way of custom text. You'd genuinely be better off using InDesign for layouts.

That said, there are more Text options in the Slideshow Module. Turn on Text Overlays, then use the ABC section in the Toolbar at the bottom. Choose Filename, then place the text on the image (or the slide, just make the background colour the same as your notecard.

The benefit of this is it will automate the naming. I think you'd have to cut and paste names in InDesign-I really don't know though.

The slides can be exported as JPEG and reimported into Lightroom-or InDesign for that matter.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another option in the Print module is the identity plate. This can be customized with your choice of font, color, size and placement - but you can only have one per print job so you can't vary it by image if you're printing more than one image at a time.

If you wanted it on your image you could use the watermark function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines