• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't save photos on Mac PLEASE HELP

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photoshop cc and elements and lightroom plus bridge  and I can edit in all and save but its like a ghost image what am I doing wrong PLEASE HELPI can't share or open once I edit and save

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell us a little more about the type of camera and file format your shooting with. Also, what version of Photoshop and Camera Raw are you working with? If open an image in Photoshop and you go to IMAGE > MODE where are the check marks?  Photos can be washed out due to the following reasons:

• You are editing Raw files
  • You are working in CMYK color mode
  • You are working in a higher than 8-bit color depth (16-bit, 32-bit)

On export, certain formats can also dramatically shift tone and color. If you work with a photo with a higher color range and then you output to a still that cannot handle that color range--a lot of weird stuff can happen. Please give us more information. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the check marks are RGB color and 8 bit and ITs not washed out color

so I copy files off my memory card into my new folder I mad on my desktop .

they IT doesn't work nothing works can I have a phone number so someone can help me PLEASE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot with a canon mark iii

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest I have no idea what you're talking about...slow down and describe exactly what happens (or doesn't happen), step by step.

In one post you say you "can edit", in the next that "nothing works". That's not much to go on. And what's a "ghost image"?

Are these raw files (CR2) from the camera, or jpegs, ore something else? What happens when you try to open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wmaeflower2000  wrote

I have photoshop cc and elements and lightroom plus bridge  and I can edit in all and save but its like a ghost image what am I doing wrong PLEASE HELPI can't share or open once I edit and save

Are you saying that you have a problem with the image quality of images loaded into Photoshop from your 5DMK3?

You need to read the responses to your posts, and ANSWER THE QUESTIONSWe need information in order to home in on the problem, and can do nothing without it.  It would help if you were to paste a problem image to this thread.

Please tell us:

What version of Photoshop you are using?  Do you have all of the updates?

What operating system are you using?

Are these RAW files or JPG?

What colour space are they set to? (sRGB Adobe RGB, RAW...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no the photos load fine and are great !! I have element 9 and photoshop cc and lightroom  I can upload to photos anywhere I want before I edited them but after the get edited and I save them I can use again they show up light a ghost photo there but I can't access they or share or ever open them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you save after editing what is the file extension? .psd, .tif, jpg other???

Try this:

Open Lr - do not tap the import button - locate the original file in your catalog, right-click and synchronize the folder. When you edit photos in the future, use 'CMD E' to 'Edit in Photoshop' and let Lr do the work of keeping track of your edited images.

Read more here:

Synchronizing Folders in Lightroom « Julieanne Kost's Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i load photos from a mark iii from memory card to mac  i have a external hard dryve I would love to use because i have a desktop to use to edit also. I select and load into photoshop cc   then edit and go to save as where to same place I got the photo same folder jpeg the only thing check marked is color profite srGB IEC61966-2.1 so it saves it after edit but I can not use the photo in anyway can't shared copy move open nothing! its there I see it but thats all and it looks like a ghost photo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

everything is updated Macbook pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the questions above - where are your original images located? On your local drive or an external drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried both

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My friend told me to use the desktop but that doesn't work either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines