• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All photos missing from l light room with one press HELP

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was editing some photos and created a catalogue .Ligghroom then started closing even though I pressed save catalogue and not close.

I have searched my hard drive,External hard rive,re started my computer and I can't find the 65,000 photos and it won't even let me import from my I phone either so I can still keep working !!

What a bitch.

Any ideas ??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

I was editing some photos and created a catalogue .Ligghroom then started closing even though I pressed save catalogue and not close.

There is no "Save Catalog" to press. What exactly did you do?

Please use your operating system's search feature to search all hard disks for your Lightroom catalog, it's name ends with .LRCAT. Double-click on each one found to open it to see if it shows the photos you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The catalog doesn't contain the photos, they're stored externally to Lightroom.

When you create a new catalog Lightroom has to close the current catalog. This is then the previous catalog and should be in the Open Recent menu under File.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I tried that and another few things

I went into finder and found them stored with the Lightroom App

There is only 40,000 not 65,000 so I don't know where all the others went ???

They are not in my external hard rive.

I thought this Lightroom thing was great until now but the Tafe Photography Course in doing wants me to use Lightroom

Its seems great but not after this its too time consuming

Not only that I can't see the ones I've worked on yet and all the crap I spent hours deleting is in there also

Have I done something or is this a common problem ?

I have an early start tomorrow ERR

Have to be on the ball as I'm a dog walker lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blast now its bugun the never ending import of 40,000 photos PFFT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no "Save Catalog" to press. What exactly did you do?

Please use your operating system's search feature to search all hard disks for your Lightroom catalog, it's name ends with .LRCAT. Double-click on each one found to open it to see if it shows the photos you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for that ,if I knew exactly what I did I would be able to fix it lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines