• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hard round brush with the soft, blendy edges not co-operating with colors underneath?

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm having a problem with this brush:

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 10.50.26 AM.png

I want to use it for linework and then color on a new layer underneath, but every time I attempt this the brush ends up looking like this:

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 10.58.38 AM.png

Essentially, the result I'm hoping to get is for the faded ends of this brush is for it not to block out the color behind it? When I use this brush OVER color it gets the effect I want, like so:

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 11.03.11 AM.png

Is there some setting I can change to get this effect for when I use the black brush first (for linework) and then put colors on a layer underneath after making making the lines?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you paste a screen shot of your entire workspace please?  We need the layers panel with the layer you are painting on selected, and the brush tool selected.   Just copy to clipboard and paste here with Ctrl v.   Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the belated reply!

Here:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines