• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC 2015.10 Cameraraw 9.10 won't import all images

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange things happen. I was importing raw files from my hardisk into my lightroom library. Some files are now in the library, others aren't. Wenn I go to the import module lightroom sees the pictuers. But it's impossible to import them.

Sometimes only a few files are missing, sometimes a larger quantaty. What can be the problem? And how do I solve them?

Kind regards, Taco

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are some of the images grayed out in the import dialog?

If they are then they those images are already in the LR catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the photos are "grayed out" in the Import dialog box, then that means you have previously imported the photos into Lightroom, and so there's no need to imported them a second time. To use these photos, you would simply find the photos in the Lightroom Library Module (not the Import dialog box) and perform whatever tasks you want on them (edit, print, etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No sadly enough that is not the case. The mising pictures are not importet at all. It's very strange. Why are some importet and the rest aren't. I can work with the importet ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the photos greyed out in the Import dialog box? Or is something else preventing you from importing? Please explain.

Also, please state why you think the photos are not imported. Is it that you just think they haven't been imported, or did you actually check to see if the photos already exist in Lightroom's Library Module?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are greyed out in the import module. All of them.  In one folder there are five importet the rest isn't. I know the are not importet because there are only 5 visible in the library, the rest is invisible en the number behind the folder shows the number 5. Can it be that they are importet but invincible?

Grteetings Taco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Madfox  wrote

They are greyed out in the import module. All of them.  In one folder there are five importet the rest isn't. I know the are not importet because there are only 5 visible in the library, the rest is invisible en the number behind the folder shows the number 5. Can it be that they are importet but invincible?

Grteetings Taco

If they are grayed out then they are in the catalog already. When you finish an import what is displayed is "Previous Import". Meaning the last images imported are the only ones displayed. In the Catalog section of the left hand panel of the Library module select "All Photographs". Do you see all your images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, they can't be seen. Thats the problem. And they are not counted for either. In the folder there are 5 files visible. The rest is not there (or visible).LR problem.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Madfox  wrote

Grteetings Taco

That doesn't mean that the photos are not in Lightroom. It means they are not in Lightroom where you think they should be.

It is possible you have (accidentally) imported the photos into the WRONG folder by using the COPY import option. To find the photos in Lightroom, please do ALL of these steps, in order

1. Click on All Photographs (it's on the left hand side of the Library Module under Catalog)
  2. Turn off all filters (Ctrl-L once or twice)
  3. Expand all stacks (Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks)
  4. Search for one of the photos in Lightroom by using the Filter bar and searching by File Name

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the steps and found them. Great, thanks for your help. Still wondering why some files are in the right place and others aren't. It was the same import action. Now I have to find out in wich file they are. Kind regards Taco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, you have probably imported them accidentally into a different folder than the folder you expect by using the COPY option (which makes a copy of the photos in some folder specified in the Import dialog box) instead of the ADD option (which keeps them in the exact same folder they are stored in).

You can find out which folder they are stored in by right-clicking on a photo and selecting "Go to Folder in Library" or "Show in Finder/Show in Explorer"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Madfox  wrote

I followed the steps and found them. Great, thanks for your help. Still wondering why some files are in the right place and others aren't. It was the same import action. Now I have to find out in wich file they are. Kind regards Taco

I was going to point out you have a Folder selected and not All Photographs. That means, as stated by dj_paige, that you are only looking in that one folder and the image you think aren't being imported were in some other folder or copied to another folder when imported originally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you find the raw files on your hard disk?

Are you on a Windows or Mac?

Are you 'Adding' images or Copying them into Lr?

Do you have 'Don't Import Suspected Duplicates' checked?

Take note of one of the image file names that you can see but is grayed out and search for it first in your Catalog and also on your hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Yes, they are on the hard disk.

-Windows 10 64 bits

-I use the import module (doing that for many years. This problem occuurd a few weeks ago for the first time)

- No

Changed the name of one file in explorer. Funny thing is taht I can import that file now into the catalog. Very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines