• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 11 no longer gives the dimensions of the selections in real time under Sierra

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On iMac 2013, I switched from Mavericks to Sierra (12.4).

In the "Information" panel Photoshop Elements 11 no longer gives the dimensions of a selection in real time. The dimensions of the selections are displayed only after releasing the mouse. Unable to choose the desired dimensions!

Moreover, among the modifications of the texts, the amplitude of the option "flag" is very reduced compared to the operation under Mavericks (I have not tried all the deformation options).

I totally uninstalled PSE 11, reinstalled from the DVD, unsuccessfully.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this post from Photoshop Sketch to Photoshop Elements.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would reset the pse 11 preferences and delete an elements plist file.

Go to your Use Library

~/Library/Preferences

and in the Preferences folder move to trash the following files/folders

Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 Settings

Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 Paths

com.adobe.PhotoshopElements.plist

hopefully, then the info panel and warp text will work correctly.

I have pse 11 running on a sierra install and it seems to work okay in relation to selections and the info panel and warping text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In my original message, I specified that I realized a complete uninstallation of PE11.

Deleting the cited files / folders does not change the problem.

Specifications:

• Under Mavericks, when a selection is being made, the "information" panel indicates the size of the selection as it grows. This allows the selection to be stopped to the desired dimensions.

• under Sierra, when a selection is in progress, the "information" panel no longer indicates the progression of the dimensions of the selection!

• Under Sierra, the Apple Preview software shows the dimensions of a selection being made ...

I quote "it seems to work okay ...". It's inaccurate: it works or it does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A reinstall of pse 11 doesn't delete those files

Go to your Use Library

~/Library/Preferences

So you actually manually trashed the above files/folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I explained that I tried everything.

First I eliminated all these files (I do not need to contact you for this).

Then I completely uninstalled PSE11 to reinstall it properly from the DVD.

Result: on the partition Mavericks PSE11 works perfectly; On the Sierra partition it does not work properly!

If you persist in repeating the same useless basic advices, if you can not help me out, it's very simple, I give up PSE in favor of one of your competitors.

Cordially.

SelectionPSE11Sierra.jpgSelectionPE11Mavericks.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should know that i don't work for adobe and i'm a fellow user just like yourself. and most people responding to posts are fellow users and not adobe employees.

Adobe employees have Red STAFF badges.

Just throwing ideas out there and sorry to repeat a few things, but just wanted clarification you had tried those steps is all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After further review In pse 11 it seems that one needs to have the Info dialog docked with the rest of the panels on the right hand side in order for the readings to work.

ruler-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Yes, it is not to you that addressed my sentence, it was hoping that an official Adobe of the forum decides to intervene ... (I should have written "their competitors")

Thank you for your quick answers, but it does not explain the absence of the dimensions of the selection during its course.

And since neither Adobe nor Apple respond, there is no alternative but to give up PSE because I constantly need to know the dimensions of my selections ...

Again thank you, good continuation,

Claude DSE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dock the Info panel with the layers panel on the right side of the pse 11 window and the dimensions will show in real time in the info panel like explained here:

Photoshop Elements 11 isn't showing the pixel size of my image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !

In my original message, I specified that I realized a complete uninstallation of PE11.

Deleting the cited files / folders does not change the problem.

Specifications:

• Under Mavericks, when a selection is being made, the "information" panel indicates the size of the selection as it grows. This allows the selection to be stopped to the desired dimensions.

• under Sierra, when a selection is in progress, the "information" panel no longer indicates the progression of the dimensions of the selection!

• Under Sierra, the Apple Preview software shows the dimensions of a selection being made ...

I quote "it seems to work okay ...". It's inaccurate: it works or it does not work.

Claude De Saint Étienne.

Le 29 avr. 2017 à 19:21, R_Kelly <forums_noreply@adobe.com> a écrit :

Photoshop Elements 11 no longer gives the dimensions of the selections in real time under Sierra

created by R_Kelly <https://forums.adobe.com/people/R_Kelly> in Photoshop Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/9485587#9485587>

I would reset the pse 11 preferences and delete an elements plist file.

Go to your Use Library

~/Library/Preferences

hopefully, then the info panel will work correctly.

I have pse 11 running on a sierra install and it seems to work okay in relation to selections and the info panel.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9485587#9485587 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9485587#9485587

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Elements by email <mailto:discussions-community-photoshop_elements@adobe-v8.hosted.jivesoftware.com> or at Adobe Community <https://forums.adobe.com/choose-container.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=3347>

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624 <https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624>.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe <https://forums.adobe.com/unsubscribe.jspa?email=claude.dse42%40orange.fr&token=c381fd55d4bac007ad851594d9a4227ab03030e33506efe9241762f406a0c7a0> instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences <https://forums.adobe.com/user-preferences!input.jspa>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines