• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I install Lightroom 5 from the upgrade disk?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom 5 which was installed from an upgrade disk. Previously I was using Lightroom 4. My desktop computer is a MacPro (10.8.5).

I am now trying to install Lightroom 5 on my laptop, MacBook Pro (10.11.6) but failing. Why?

First I successfully installed Lightroom 4 on the laptop from the original application disk. Ran the program and then restarted the computer. But when I try to upgrade to Lightroom 5 from the upgrade disk the laptop spits it out! Why is the laptop rejecting the disk? How can I upgrade to Lightroom 5?

Thank you,

peepeetee

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for link, have downloaded and installed!

peepeetee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The reason the CD/DVD drive is spitting out the disk is either the drive itself is faulty or the disc is. Apple uses low quality CD/DVD drives in their notebooks that are prone to failures. When Apple did included CD/DVD disc drives in their notebooks, the so called Super Drive, there was at least 3 posts a day about how they failed on the Apple support forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines