• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video to Animate timeline

Contributor ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i want to start learning Animate cc, i am an After Effects user and i am primarily interested in exporting short (2sec) Video files (or image sequences) and working with them in the Animate timeline. The file should support an alpha channel. I understand that you would choose to "embed FLV in SWF and play in timeline", but here i read that adobe has killed the FLV Exporter from AE, PPCC and AME.

What is the intended workflow here? Please help!

The resulting interactive animation should be played on an iPad or PC locally, not published on the web so filesize is not an issue. I have no prior knowledge of animate cc or Flash Professional, but i have a pretty good understanding of AE.

Thanks and kind regards,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

The easiest solution I think would be to export a PNG sequence from AE, then import the first of those into Animate. Animate should notice that it's a sequence, and offer to import all of the images into a movieclip.

If that doesn't work out you could import all of the PNGs into a blank frame, then select all, and right-click on one to select Distribute to Keyframes. That will spread the PNGs across the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS: After Effects 14.1.0.57, Animate 16.2.0.24 , OSX 10.10.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest solution I think would be to export a PNG sequence from AE, then import the first of those into Animate. Animate should notice that it's a sequence, and offer to import all of the images into a movieclip.

If that doesn't work out you could import all of the PNGs into a blank frame, then select all, and right-click on one to select Distribute to Keyframes. That will spread the PNGs across the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Colin, i did not realise that Animate recognises PNGs like that. I now opened AME CS6 and exported an FLV with Alpha. It works but the resolution is limited to 1920x1080 so i think i will go for the PNG workflow with this Projekt:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines