• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Passing project files and folder to the developer

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2008 Sep 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to pass the files and folders to one of our developers so that he can begin doing/ testing what he has to do. I have added his network information to the last screen in the WebHelp(Primary Layout). I generate the project after checking his employee folder location. I check his folder and the project isn't there. What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Yes, all publishing does is move your WebHelp output to the location you selected. You can generate and publish as many times as you need. Unless you select "Republish all" on the last page of the WebHelp dialog, only the files that have changed will be published after the first time that you publish the output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the generation is done, have you clicked the Publish button? This takes the files and moves them to the server location you've specified.

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And then I can go back and continue working on the project? I was afraid if I hit publish I was kaput. As long as that isn't the case I'll breathe a little easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, all publishing does is move your WebHelp output to the location you selected. You can generate and publish as many times as you need. Unless you select "Republish all" on the last page of the WebHelp dialog, only the files that have changed will be published after the first time that you publish the output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Ben

Ummm, slight clarification on that. The files aren't actually *moved*. Instead, they are *copied*.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 17, 2008 Sep 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, bad word choice there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp