• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flickering problem when using the "Lighting" adjustment

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have two video clips playing at once, i.e. a split screen or an overlay for example, everything is fine.  If I use the "Lighting" adjustment on the clip playing in the Video1 channel then also everything is fine.  If I then make a "Lighting" adjustment to the clip in Video2 then the problem occurs .  The clip in Video2 will flicker this adjustment on and off quickly.

I've updated my video drivers to the latest version and also tried with Video Hardware Acceleration off to no avail.   This problem occurs during normal playback i.e live playback and on a export.

All video was shot at 25fps on a Canon 5D mk2 at 1080p.

Project settings:

Editing mode: DSLR
Frame size 1920 x 1080
Pixel aspect ratio:  square
Fields: No fields (progressive scan)
Display format: 25 fps

Version 14.1

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There can be a difference between what you see in the preview screen and what you get at output.

When you add adjustments, effects, split screens, etc. the computer has to work extra hard to render a "real time" preview.   Depending on the strength and power of your computer, the preview may be less than perfect.  When you Export and Share, the computer will take a lot more time to render a better version. 

Can you Export and Share the section you are working on?  Set the Work Area Bars and check the Work Area Bars only in Export and Share. 

Good luck with your project!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill, yes the problem occurs in the export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes effects can bite one another.

Apply effect to V1, export to intermediate file.

import and replace clip in V1.

Add effect to clip in V2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Ann+Bens  wrote

Sometimes effects can bite one another.

Apply effect to V1, export to intermediate file.

import and replace clip in V1.

Add effect to clip in V2.

Clever!  It makes sense and I would never have thought of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Ann for the workaround.  I guess I may have to resort to this but it'll be hours of needless work!

It appears that Premier doesn't work properly when you try to make Adjustments to two clips at once.

I'm hoping Adobe will acknowledge this bug and issue a fix or at least tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wef  wrote

............I'm hoping Adobe will acknowledge this bug and issue a fix or at least tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

That might happen with Premiere Pro CC, but not Premiere Elements.  Marketing and development are done by different teams, in different places, with different goals and different targets.  As a low cost consumer product, Premiere Elements is revised once a year, usually in September or October.   Unlike Premiere Pro, and the other CC programs, there is no direct link (or forum) to provide bug or wish list feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whsprague  wrote

Wef   wrote

............I'm hoping Adobe will acknowledge this bug and issue a fix or at least tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

That might happen with Premiere Pro CC, but not Premiere Elements.  Marketing and development are done by different teams, in different places, with different goals and different targets.  As a low cost consumer product, Premiere Elements is revised once a year, usually in September or October.   Unlike Premiere Pro, and the other CC programs, there is no direct link (or forum) to provide bug or wish list feedback.

As a matter of fact, there is a Premiere Elements forum in the feedback forum:

Adobe Premiere Elements | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Unfortunately, it's not listed in the main applications list and goes unnoticed... and questions rarely get answers.

When you open the main feedback forum link:

Photoshop Family Customer Community

you have to locate the small 'view all >>' link squeezed on the right between the Categories and the Most helpful members.

Not very realistic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MichelBParis  wrote

As a matter of fact, there is a Premiere Elements forum in the feedback forum:

Adobe Premiere Elements | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Unfortunately, it's not listed in the main applications list and goes unnoticed... and questions rarely get answers.

When you open the main feedback forum link:

Photoshop Family Customer Community

you have to locate the small 'view all >>' link squeezed on the right between the Categories and the Most helpful members.

Not very realistic.

I had no idea that was there!  I enjoy following the Lightroom section, but never looked for a PrE section.  Thank you for showing me. 

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never go there as nobody seems to be able to help me to get logged in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

at least tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

You might be overdoing the effect, as it is stacked it might cause flickering due to compression.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean.  It's just a single Lighting adjustment so not sure what you mean by "stacked".  Also, not sure what you mean by "compression".  There's no compression until you export? The problem occurs before an export i.e inside the live view in the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was under the impression you had two clips in V1 and V2 stacked.

I am not that concerned seeing weird things in the preview.

I am more concerned when also shown in the export (compression).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two clips playing at once, one on one half of the screen (in Video1) the other on the other in (Video2).  Is that stacked? 

The problem occurs in both the Preview and Export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is stacked.

You could do another workaround if both clips need the same effect: use an adjustment layer superimposed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for thinking out of the box but unfortunately both have different Lighting adjustments.  

Do the same thing happen to you if you try it or is it just me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont realy use Elements.

But if you can upload the two clips and make screendumps of the settings of those clips I could do a test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had never done a split screen project and would like to know how.  So, I set up a brief project in Premiere Elements 15 according to this tutorial:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcU8D-BC8pA

I was able to apply different Lighting (Brightness) effects to the separate halves.  

Are you doing it differently?

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the tutorial is how i do it.  Do you get the same bug as me?   If not, would you be able to try setting different Contrast and Black settings on each clip and let me know if the clip in Video2 flickers please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Post a screendump so we can see what you are doing exactly with the effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines