• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lr does not update from CC app, (Ps does)

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Has anyone encountered the problem that Lr is stuck with an old version, 6.3 [9600] and will not update to latest version? It will reinstall, but always with the old version. The Ps version and Br are up dated without problems. I noticed also from the  license screen shot that it thinks my PC is 8.1 instead of 10.

As a reference, my CC managed version of Ps is 2017.1.0 20170309.r.207

I have tried: uninstall Lr and reinstall from the web CC version, Log off and log back on again.

I am missing out on the latest Lr features like Guided upright and Haze. I seem to be stuck in 2015!

Thanks for any ideas.

Julian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

I found the fix: I uninstalled or repaired CC app (not sure whether it was uninstalled, but it seemed to be). This uninstalled my Lr, Ps and Br.

After the CC app was set up again, I was able to reinstall Lr, Ps and Br and they all seemed to be correct versions now. Hopefully they will also be updated when needed...

Strange behaviour from the CC app, but still this is fixed now, and the fresh installs use the old preferences, so I could continue on from where I left off... I hope that this can also

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many people have problems updating from within Lightroom, or with the CC desktop app.

Download the latest update (2015.10) here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answering, and confirming I am not alone in this issue. The Adobe article says I need my serial number? As a CC subscriber, I do not have a serial number. However I did already de-install Lr, re-boot and then re-install from the Adobe web site for CC Lr 6.

Isn't 2015.10 the bought/standalone version of Lr? I think that I need 6.8 or something? I saw Can't update to latest version of Lightroom CC which seems up my street, but I cannot seem to do the install of the newest version. The feature set changed a lot since my old version..

Anything else I should try?

Thanks. julian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the fix: I uninstalled or repaired CC app (not sure whether it was uninstalled, but it seemed to be). This uninstalled my Lr, Ps and Br.

After the CC app was set up again, I was able to reinstall Lr, Ps and Br and they all seemed to be correct versions now. Hopefully they will also be updated when needed...

Strange behaviour from the CC app, but still this is fixed now, and the fresh installs use the old preferences, so I could continue on from where I left off... I hope that this can also help others with this issue.

Julian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you have a Creative Cloud subscription, you should have the CC version - the latest is 2015.10.

Lightroom 6 is the standalone version (with fewer features), but the installer (base installer and updates) are identical for LR 6 and LR CC. When you sign in with a serial number, you get LR 6, when you sign in with your Adobe ID, you get LR CC.

If you go to Help > System info in LR, what does it say?

When you do a reinstall, the base version (2015.0) is installed, and you need to update it to the latest version.

Here's a direct link to the 2015.10 update, which must be installed manually after downloading and unzipping.

http://swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/win/AdobeLightroom-6.0/6.10/setup.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Per for your help. My Lr version is now Lightroom version: CC 2015.10 [ 1111918 ] and all the features I expected are now there. (I am quite new to Lr, but an old Ps hand)! I did not need to do any further updates, as, when I installed from the CC app, all the updated versions (Ps, Lr and Br) were installed first time. Great, I am now set up...

Thanks, Julian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines