• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC latest version crashes building 1:1 previews

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am running Windows 10 with latest updates on a i7 7700k with Nvidia GTX 1070 32gb RAM and 1TB M.2 SDD and three other 7200 rpm HDD.  Every time I start to build 1:1 High quality previews in a folder with 7000 raw images and leave the PC to process, when I come back the system has crashed. When I re-boot I see that many previews were completed (but not close to all of them). So far it has completed about 80% of them, and has crashed 5 times.  I have the latest drivers for the Nvidia GTX.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To test disable the GPU option in the performance tab of the LR preferences and test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok good idea. thx. will try that on the next batch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested both ways. Crashes both ways multiple times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then you more than likely have memory problems. Run Memtest 86 overnight to test the memory in your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried it both with the GPU checked and unchecked.  The system crashes the same either way, but with the box checked more previews get built before it crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A possible cause is that you are overheating the CPU, which could happen if a fan (or fans) in you computer case have stopped working properly. Check the CPU temperature when this happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought the same but my Asrock A-tuning info shows the CPU temp ranging from 43-56C (seems pretty normal) and CPU fan at 1068-1081 RPM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that temperature reading just immediately before the system crashes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines