• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5.7.1 won't open most recent Olympus .ORF RAW files from EM1 MkII. Can anyone help?

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 5.7.1 won't open most recent Olympus .ORF RAW files from EM1 MkII. Can anyone help as to whether/when Adobe Lightroom 5.7.1 will be updated to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Lightroom 5.7.1 was the last update to Lightroom 5. There will be no more updates to Lightroom 5. You can use the DNG converter to create DNG copies of your raw images that will open in Lightroom 5. But if you want open the ORF files it will be necessary for you to upgrade to Lightroom CC or Lightroom 6 and then make sure you are updated to at least The .9 update. Lightroom is currently at the .10 update. If you want to use the DNG converter, it is free and you might as well download and use the

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 5.7.1 was the last update to Lightroom 5. There will be no more updates to Lightroom 5. You can use the DNG converter to create DNG copies of your raw images that will open in Lightroom 5. But if you want open the ORF files it will be necessary for you to upgrade to Lightroom CC or Lightroom 6 and then make sure you are updated to at least The .9 update. Lightroom is currently at the .10 update. If you want to use the DNG converter, it is free and you might as well download and use the latest version which is DNG converter 9.10. Please indicate your operating system, and I can provide links if that is what you want to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Hess: Many thanks for your offer. Please - send me the links I need to convert my files to .DNG format. I've got a 200-shot job this Thursday and creating TIFFs via Olympus' Viewer 3 would take 2 days and a complete hard drive!

Bless you.

Douglas D Mitchell

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 9.9

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 9.9

The DNG converter is a freestanding program that runs independently from Lightroom. It functions at the FOLDER level. In the DNG converter interface it will prompt you for the location of your raw files. You need to look for the FOLDER containing the files you want to convert. If you open the folder you will get a message telling you there are no files to convert. In my opinion, the easiest way to use the converter is to point it to the folder on your card that contains the files. Then set the destination to a folder on your computer where you want Lightroom to import the images and enable you to work on them. Then click on the convert button. The DNG converter will convert the images as it transfers them to your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim: Sorry. My reply omitted my operating system info.

I'm running Windows 7 Professional SP1 in the 64-bit Operating System

configuration.

Enough info, I hope. And thanks again for your response.

Doug Mitchell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave you the links for both Windows and the Mac. So download the appropriate one and install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim: I don't want to be a pain, but after successfully downloading and

using this software through yesterday April 29, today I fired it up and it

wouldn't display any files in the directory - the SD card nor the folder I

copied the files into, OR ANY OTHER DIRECTORY ON MY PORTABLE HARD DRIVE OR

C: DRIVE.

Thank goodness I shot both JPG and RAW at the same time! I was able to use

PhotoShop Elements 12 to detect and open the JPG files, edit one somewhat

and then save it as a TIFF that Lightroom detected and imported.

For some reason, it doesn't show me JPG or RAW (.ORF) files that I have,

even on older folders that still have .ORF files in them, or any other file

for that matter.

What have I done that prevents the application from displaying anything but

folders? Do I need to uninstall the app and then go back to the link and

reinstall it? Would it do any good?

Douglas D Mitchell

Loyal Lightroom 5.7.1, PhotoShop Elements 12 and - up 'til now, happy DNG

Converter user!

fosis@verizon.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't convert individual files with the DNG converter. You select a folder of files to convert (not individual files), and a folder to save the DNGs into. The detailed instructions are at the same link as you downloaded the file from (that was given by Jim Hess).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you are making this too difficult. Pay close attention to the prompts in the DNG converter. It is asking you for a FOLDER containing raw files. Point it to a FOLDER, but don't open the folder. In other words, point it to the folder on the SD card containing the images and set the destination to a folder on your computer. If you open the folder it will tell you there aren't any files to convert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines