Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Video [Timeline] Question!!

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there...

I'm working on my Senior thesis and using Photoshop to creative animations. I have been adding in images I've created in illustrator to support the text. I've noticed that when I hit play, the fps (frames per second) significantly lower and go from 30 to about 10 or 9. Is there a reason for this? I've thought that maybe if I rasterize the quality down it might help. It didn't.

I noticed it is specifically when I add a motion effect from the timeline. I added pictures.

Does anyone know how I can fix this to play all at the same speed? Or why it is happening? I've noticed it on serval other animations I've made in photoshop too.

I'm using Photoshop CC 2017.

Screen Shot 2017-04-30 at 5.49.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-30 at 5.50.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-30 at 5.50.12 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

It sounds like you are talking about how fast it plays in the Timeline.  If that's the case then you need to render out the video, after which it _has_ to play at its designated frame rate.  Mixing frame animations with video timelines is another case in point.  When you convert a frame animation to a video timeline, it will pretty much always play faster, and usually by a large margin.

Does that cover it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like you are talking about how fast it plays in the Timeline.  If that's the case then you need to render out the video, after which it _has_ to play at its designated frame rate.  Mixing frame animations with video timelines is another case in point.  When you convert a frame animation to a video timeline, it will pretty much always play faster, and usually by a large margin.

Does that cover it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines