• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premier Elements 15 video editor won't initialize application

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Adobe Premier Elements 15 on a 5 year old 2011 Toshiba with Windows 7. I installed everything but when I go to access the Video Editor, it just sits there forever with the sign 'Initiailizing Application', not doing anything. Could someone tell me what the problem might be? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update: I found the Premier Elements 15.0 folder in the AppData folder but that site doesn't tell me what to do once I find it. I went through this process (C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Elements\{version number} and then it doesn't tell me what to do after that. The only thing thats in that folder is an empty Logs folder and a Trace Database folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rename that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how is renaming the folder gonna change anything? Please be more specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also rename what folder? Logs or 15.0? And change it to what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I renamed the Logs folder and it didn't do anything at all 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'using a browser that allows popups and cookies'. What does that have to do with anything? It has absolutely nothing to do with anything we've been talking about. Sorry but you have been vague and made no sense this entire time. I'll call them but I already looked at that site and it said support for Premier Elements is not supported for some dumb reason. So I may just be F***ed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it appears to me that you need someone to walk you through the steps (more carefully than i've been able to do) to resolve your problem: contact adobe support.

(and both elements 15 programs are still supported.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restore default preferences

Preference settings control how Photoshop Elements Editor displays images, cursors, and transparencies, saves files, uses plug‑ins and scratch disks, and so on. If the application exhibits unexpected behavior, the preferences file could be damaged. You can restore all preferences to their defaults.

Note: Deleting the preferences file is an action that cannot be undone.

Do one of the following:

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift) immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.

Go to Edit > Preferences (Mac: Photoshop Elements > Preferences > General), click the Reset Preferences on next launch button, and then click OK. When you restart Adobe Photoshop Elements, all preferences are reset to default settings.

A new preferences file is created the next time you start Photoshop Elements Editor. For information on a specific preference option, search for the preference name in Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have also three other rare issues for a few users. 

One is a conflict with a ad blocking software called Lavasoft.

The other is a conflict with some misbehaving graphics card drivers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omfg people I already saw that Change Default Preference setings page on the link that KGlad sent me like a week ago. I am not using Photoshop Elements! I am using Premier Elements 15. The Alr-Control-Shift option does absolutely nothing with it. I tried that already. Also I do not have Lavasoft on my computer. Kglad, why are you telling me to contact Adobe Support? They said they have no phone support for this product and sent me right back to this forum where no one knows what the freak they are talking about! Jesus Christ. I am never buying anything from Adobe ever again. So frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you read beyond the first few lines of that link where it discusses premiere elements preferences?

did you follow the directions to contact adobe support via chat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kglad: Yes I did. I read all of it and tried all of it that was applicable to Windows 7. Nothing happened. I told you all of this already. And I can't find a link to Adobe Chat anywhere on the links you have provided. That Contact Adobe support has no Chat option available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Adobe Chat available for Adobe Premier Elements 15. No phone support either. If you go through the process on the Support site, and click on Premier Elements bundle (the only option that applies), then go to 'Show me my contact options', it literally lists Adobe Forums as my only option. And you guys here on the Forum either can not understand what I'm talking about or am unable to explain in detail what needs to be done for my specific issue so basically I cannot get help. Kglad, how can you work for Adobe and not know that the Forums are the only support for Premier Elements 15? And you keep telling me to contact phone support or chat support that is not available for it. Ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't work for adobe.

you didn't appear to read the info about resetting preferences carefully.  you're certainly not following all the suggestions.

there is support for premiere elements 15.

i've never mentioned phone support.

bottom line:  you appear so intent on complaining, you're not seeing help that's in front of you. that's probably because you're so frustrated, you're missing what would otherwise be obvious.

i suggest you ask a friend who's not frustrated, to start with message 1 and go through the help steps with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. No man, you are the one who is not listening. I DID EVERYTHING on that Preference File Locations link. I am not stupid. First, I went on the C: computer file and went through this process: C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Elements\{version number}. There was nothing in that folder. The only thing in there was an empty Logs folder. That site doesn't tell me what to once I found that folder. You told me to rename that folder, to what I don't know, you were incredibly vague. But it doesn't matter, because it didn't do shit. And I did the same thing for the Organizer Elements as well. Nothing there but empty folders. Take another look at the Preference File locations site. The 'Reset default preferences' part says absolutely nothing about Premier Elements. Nothing. It only pertains to Photoshop. But I decided to give it a shot anyway. Did the Alt+Control+Shift while Premier Elements was loading up. Didn't do shit. Also there is no Edit screen on Premier Elements home screen. I followed every step on that site. Nothing was helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no support for Adobe Premier Elements. If you are so sure of this, then show me the exact links. Because I went through that Premier Elements link like I told you I did, went through all of it until it took me to the 'See my contact options' and the only option were the Forums. Do it yourself if you don't believe me. You clearly don't know what yr talking about which is why you don't map about detailed specifics about what to do and only give me links instead. Links to sites of which you have limited knowledge of I might add.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the exact step by step rundown of the Contact Customer Care process in case you don't believe me. I will screen shot all of this if possible, as annoying as that is. First there is a 'What can I help you with?' site where the options are Account issues, Creative Cloud Photography Plan, Free ADobe Apps, Less Common Options. The only one that applies is Less Common Options. So I click on it. On the 'Less Common Options' site, it gives me the options Acrobat Standard Pro Desktop, Lightroom, Photoshop Elements and Premier Elements, and Creative Suite. I click on the Premier Elements option. Then it asks me 'What type of issue are you experiencing?' and every single option I click on takes me to a bunch of posts that are not pertinent to my issue, and at the bottom of the screen, a button that says 'Show me my contact options'. Then it takes me to a site that says 'Would you like to contact us?', choose an option below: Community Forums. THE ONLY FREAKING OPTION. The only time it lets you Chat with anyone is under the 'Licensing and Activation' or 'Serial numbers' options, neither of which are pertinent to my issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry about that.  the chat has been recently changed and is much more difficult to access than it used to be (and it never was intuitive/easy-to-use.

https://forums.adobe.com/people/The+Xylen+Files  wrote

Here's the exact step by step rundown of the Contact Customer Care process in case you don't believe me. I will screen shot all of this if possible, as annoying as that is. First there is a 'What can I help you with?' site where the options are Account issues, Creative Cloud Photography Plan, Free ADobe Apps, Less Common Options. The only one that applies is Less Common Options. So I click on it. On the 'Less Common Options' site, it gives me the options Acrobat Standard Pro Desktop, Lightroom, Photoshop Elements and Premier Elements, and Creative Suite. I click on the Premier Elements option. Then it asks me 'What type of issue are you experiencing?

at this point select 'licensing and activation'.

then select 'show me my contact options'

select chat.

then we'll see if they refuse to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

kglad was correct with the renaming of a folder.  I found this to be true after a two day search, and I mean search.  I even created a custom path inside Premiere to a crazy file-path, just so that I could try to Grep (search for text inside of files) all files on my computer for that string (the crazy path).  Nothing found.  Then I searched the registry for that path, nope wasn't in there either.  Enough of my tech babbling.

Here is how to clear all your preferences and settings inside of "Adobe Premiere Elements 15" anytime you want.

Delete the "15.0" folder found here:  (then restart Premiere)

C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Elements\15.0

If it makes you sleep better at night, you can rename that folder.

** make sure Premiere is not running when you are deleting or renaming **

Cheers!

np

PS -- I wish they would do for Premiere what they did for Photoshop in regards to the preferences reset, with holding ALT-CTRL-SHIFT while you are starting Photoshop.  Nice and easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines