• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My brush is pixelated, and it deletes the background around it on the layer. I checked all the basic fixes on the internet.

May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the clone stamp and pencil tool before it went wrong.

Here are some print screens about it.  On the second  full print screen I used the clone stamp and thats what happened. On the last full print screen the blue lines are visible. It gets worse the more I paint. When I use a layer mask to delete it it goes crazy. Some areas get unpaintable completely in little square shapes. Képernyőfotó 2017-05-01 - 15.02.13.pngKépernyőfotó 2017-05-01 - 15.02.03.png

Képernyőfotó 2017-05-01 - 15.07.46.pngKépernyőfotó 2017-05-01 - 15.01.51.png

I would greatly appreciate some help !

Nóri

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Did it start working after unchecking the GPU? If Yes, then please check this link and see if your GPU is compatible with Photoshop, if it is compatible then you need to update the GPU drivers from manufacturers websites such as Nvidia and AMD then recheck Use graphics processor in Photoshop. Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) card FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nóri,

As your brush strokes are pixelated could you try changing the bit mode of your image.

Image > Mode > choose higher Bit/Channel

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Than you for the quick answer.  Though I have tried it and it does not help.

I am guessing something is up with the layers  not the tools because when I use the layer mask to mask something off the photo,

it is a complete disaster.  Or some tool setup that affects the whole layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Képernyőfotó 2017-05-01 - 17.21.19.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you uncheck "Use Graphics Processor Under Photoshop > Preferences > Performance then relaunch Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not want to be too  quick to judge but it seems like it is working again !!!!!

Thanks a lot !!!!

Do you have an idea what might have gone wrong ?

I was just practising the pen and stamp tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did it start working after unchecking the GPU? If Yes, then please check this link and see if your GPU is compatible with Photoshop, if it is compatible then you need to update the GPU drivers from manufacturers websites such as Nvidia and AMD then recheck Use graphics processor in Photoshop. Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) card FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah thank you. Yes it started working after unchecking and relaunching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad you got it working. Feel free to reach out to us for any future queries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines