• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ps 2017 latest version wont run NIK modules?

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi just updated PS latest version, didnt check operability at the time, now next day want to work and NIK modules wont run ... any ideas out there?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I upgraded my Adobe apps for photographers (Lightroom & Photoshop) and now my Nik plugins are totally broken. I see the plugins, as if nothing is wrong, but when I use them, i.e. Raw Presharpener or Dfine, their windows display only a garbled mess of pixels, rather than my images.  Please, Adobe, please fix this. I really do need those plugins.  And, in response to the questions you're thinking about asking, my answers are:

1. Yes, I rebooted my computer (Apple 27" iMac). It didn't work

2. Yes, I reloaded the Nik software over the existing installation. It didn't work.

3. Yes, I deleted the previous installation, and installed it anew. It didn't work.

I am not happy. In fact, I'm miserable. I love Lightroom. And, I love Photoshop. But, they work splendidly with the Nik plugins, and give me easy access to adjustments that without them are more difficult and time consuming just using LR and PS alone. Please, please fix this.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mark and Diane,

The Nik plug-ins are not on the Adobe Add-ons website but here is an extract from a few months ago that seems relevant that I found on another forum website:

Jeffrey Tranberry, Sr. Product Manager, Digital Imaging

• 12483 Posts
  • 1152 Reply Likes

Hi Thomas, did you install using the latest updates/installer from each of the manufacturers? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/plug-ins-photoshop-troubleshooting.html & https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/plugins.html

Most plug-in manufacturers have updated their plug-ins recently to support our new plug-in SDK and our new Shared Creative Cloud Location - which will load the plug-in for all installed versions of Photoshop CC (Photoshop CC & Photoshop CC 2014 & Photoshop CC 2015 & Photoshop CC 2015.5 & future versions of Photoshop CC when they are released, like CC 2017) without having to reinstall the plug-in.

Nik, unfortunately, appears to be no longer sold or supported and hasn't seen an update since 2015. As such, Nik will need to be reinstalled with each new version of Photoshop unless you manually manage the plug in location.

5 months ago

5 months ago

I found the answer.   When using the installer, I changed the default install location to: C/Program Files/Adobe Photoshop CC 2017/Plug-ins.  This put the Google folder and the Nik Collection folder in the same Plug-ins folder.  Now it works.

Thanks for the help!

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines