Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ads in Adobe software - sick and tired of interruptions

Participant ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I like helping on the forums but it takes a lot for me to get on the forums to ask for help or complain so I apologize - but I'm very annoyed with the increasing ads and popups when I'm working in my Adobe tools. I've purchased and have been paying for the full-price Creative Cloud software for many years now and I have been getting increasing amounts of ads or "helpful resources" from Adobe. I have to close these popups or dialogue boxes before I can continue working. Since we are professionals and paying full-price, I feel that we should not have our work interrupted by these kinds of messages. Let us find these "helpful" tidbits when we go on the website or perhaps in the opening screen (only) or somewhere that doesn't interrupt our work. Come on Adobe, work with us. Or, is there some button or setting that I can apply that will disable these kinds of things and I'm just missing it? If anyone else out there feels the same, please join your voice with mine so we can make a change.

Thanks so much!

Chris

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

When I first installed, I would get Adobe Stock  reminders, too.  But they stopped.  I have not seen one in my desktop software for quite some time.  Maybe because I have not updated to the latest dot releases yet.  

If I find any more switches, I'll let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I apologize for the experience.

Are you seeing these ads poping over the applications or on the desktop application?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have been appearing in the Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop desktop interfaces in Windows 10. If another pops up, I'll screengrab and send / attach here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you being nagged by messages about Features?

In Photoshop CC, go to Edit > Preferences > General Tab.  Turn off Show Messages.

You can also turn off the Welcome Screen or Start Workspace which might be another source of annoyance. 

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy. I do see those and those are helpful but I've received messages like get stock photos now at Adobe Stock. And other ads and not really program helpful items. I'll attach a screenshot if I ever get one.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I first installed, I would get Adobe Stock  reminders, too.  But they stopped.  I have not seen one in my desktop software for quite some time.  Maybe because I have not updated to the latest dot releases yet.  

If I find any more switches, I'll let you know.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines