Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour profiles and smart collections - sRGB

New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having an issue with colour changes when syncing my smart collections with the lightroom mobile app....

When I export from Lightroom to the desktop I can select sRGB and it looks as I would expect.  This makes me happy.  But when I sync my smart collection with lightroom mobile the images look washed out - I'm guessing it's since sRGB hasn't been applied.  This is both when I view it on my abobe.myportfolio site or on my phone

I have my pictures in a smart collection which is then linked to the lightroom mobile app and it is from this I upload directly to my adobe.myportfolio site or to Behance.  I can also download the images to my phone from the app and then upload to instagram.  I've just started using the app and it's pretty convenient to use but is there a way to sync/export to the smart collection/lightroom mobile app that applies the sRGB profile?  Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files on Lightroom mobile are not exported files. They're lossy DNG versions of the originals (like Smart Previews), so are effectively still Raw (assuming your original files are Raw). Hence there's no profile in the file. Mobile devices aren't coloured managed, so there's no way to control how colour renders on them.

If you're colour managed on the desktop, they should still look reasonably similar.

If you go to Instagram from LR mobile, are they still washed out?

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying Sean.

Yeah, it's still washed out when I upload it to Instagram.  Perhaps "washed out" is an exaggeration but there's definitely a difference

I've just been comparing the images from the different sources...
The first image here is the export from LR with sRGB

The second image is the file I downloaded from LR mobile app and then emailed to myself. 

The third is the image I've pulled from the my.portfolio site (I'd say it looks identical to image number 2)

Perhaps the solution is just to export from LR and then upload to .portfolio and instagram separately?

Thanks

Martin

Export.png

LR Mobile.JPG

From site.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious...the phone that's running Lightroom Mobile, what mobile operating system is it running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Conrad

It's an iPhone 6 running version 10.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines