• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are my old title templates?

Explorer ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since a new PP upgrade that now integrates titles into Premiere directly, I no longer can find or access my title templates, which are numerous and represent hours of painstaking work. I have tried making sense of the post/solution around seeing your old title templates in Media Browser, but still cannot find where they actually resided on my computer in order to see or import them into a project.

Adobe, seriously... if you are going to change something so drastically that it takes a series of steps outlined in support post, at least be specific so we can follow it - it literally says this:

• Create a new Project in Premiere Pro.
  • Import your title templates into the Project panel and save the project.

Great - so WHERE are the legacy templates so I can import them??? If I could have found them in any way, shape or form, I would have done so without the help of this non-helpful support post. You provide no folder info, no path, no nothing. I'm stuck. Please help - and could you be a bit more specific this time?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean by your 'old title templates'. If you mean...

Legacy Title Styles - go to File > New > Legacy Title... to create a new legacy title. Then open it from the project panel and your title should open in the legacy titler window with the old Styles and other features still intact, asp per CC 2016.n and earlier.

Importing Saved Title Files as Template - Use the regular Import dialog or the media browser to find and import existing .prtl file(s) you would like to use as templates. Then 2x click to open and edit them within the Legacy titler as needed. If you are not sure where you saved your old titles, can you maybe find them by searching for .prtl using your OS search features?

Live Text Templates - older formats like acap and aecap templates should still import and function using the same workflow you would have used in previous versions. You will still need to enable them as templates in AE first, and that the text layers are not locked in AE.

Hopefully that is enough to get you moving again and I will try to check back later to provide more info. In any case, I can tell you that the legacy title features have not been removed for PrPro 11.1, they have just been hidden a bit. Also, we believe users will find Essential Graphics and Motion Graphic Templates should be a superior workflow going forward, which includes the Exporting and usage of MOGRTs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, by "old title templates I mean saved Title Files that had been saved as presets. I will try searching .prtl to find them. (ed. note - I did find them after searching .prtl - you should ADD THIS to the instructions for importing the old titles! I did not know the extension to search on, and I'm sure there are others who don't know either).

I can appreciate the moving forward with the new workflow - however being able to still use presets/templates we users spent lots of time creating should be easier than this. At the very least a one-time dialog asking to import the old presets/templates would be nice, so they could then be accessed in the current tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BillVincent  wrote

(ed. note - I did find them after searching .prtl - you should ADD THIS to the instructions for importing the old titles! I did not know the extension to search on, and I'm sure there are others who don't know either).

Can you send me a link to the document you are referring to? I'm not in a position to be updating official feature documents myself, but I can probably get the request funneled to the right person if I know just what it is you want changed, and where.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same question. I ended up finding my template titles using the .prtl search (Thanks for the tip BillVincent). But do we now have to import the presets we want to use into a project every time we want to use them?? This sounds like a pain in the butt to be honest. Is there no other way to have them readily available in Premiere Pro always??

Thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand your question, but importing Legacy Title (prtl) files has nothing to do with using other filetypes like .prfpset (effect presets) or .olp (Overlay presets). Also Sync Settings has always been designed to migrate custom settings for you from version to version, so you might give that a try too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am confused - where are the .prtl files kept?  I don't see them in the job file. Then once I have them where am I importing them to? I opened Essentials, but it is only searching for Motion Graphic templates, not .prtl

I really need my graphic title templates back to complete this job - where the *** are they?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, found the .prtl files. They are stored in the profile folder of the PPro version that they were created in, so multiple folders.  But I still can't access these with the Legacy Title program or import into Essentials.  There is NO path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After importing your prtl's, 2 x click on one of them in the Project Panel and it should open in the Legacy Titler. You can also 2x click on a legacy title that you already added to a sequence and open it in the Legacy Titler that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But do we now have to import the presets we want to use into a project every time we want to use them?? This sounds like a pain in the butt to be honest. Is there no other way to have them readily available in Premiere Pro always??

It's actually pretty easy... just use the Media Browser panel to navigate to your Templates directory,  them save that location (in the Media Browser panel) as a 'Favorite'.  Now they're just a click away.

Would it have been kinder if they had added a facility to browse legacy templates in the Essential  Graphics panel?  Yes,  obviously... but I  suspect the intent is to move us forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"moving us forward"by hiding a template required by my weekly show isn't. Moving me forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and the plot thickens...

Seems I don't have any .prtl files saved, but there IS a "Legacy Title Styles" file which contains all the pre-built presets, and where my subtitle format lies. It's extension is .prsl, and it won't import into a project.

It's "essentially" easier at this point to write down the paramaters for the old title style (thank goodness Adobe didn't upgrade my pen and paper or that wouldn't work, either) and just re-create it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open the "Legacy" title program - it does  NOT have the templates saved in it.  There is no option to select the saved templates.  Where are they - your instructions are not valid.

I am not sure, that you understand what the saved templates are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import your templates via the media browser.

You will find them in Documents / Adobe / Premiere Pro / 10.0 / profile creative cloud / templates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can these templates be imported into Essentials or not.  There seems to be no import path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOu cannot use the old templates in the new graphics tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies europac,  I didn't realise you didn't know where your Templates directory was... but it sounds like you've found it now (in your Profiles folder).

Try following the instructions I gave you now... ie creating and using a Media Browser favorite to access your Templates directory quickly and easily. I use Legacy Title templates (prtl files) every day using this method and it works well.

Note again that the instructions are for using the Media Browser panel to access your Templates directory... you cannot access them from application menus or the Legacy Title panel itself,  nor from the new Title tool / Essential Graphics panel.  Direct (Legacy) Title template support has been removed from the application.  The new Title Tool and Essential Graphics panel are only for new titling needs going forward.

Hope that helps

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Yes I found the templates and completed the job. Now I guess I need to manually recreate all 30 templates in Essential Graphics. It does look like a much better program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

europac  wrote

Now I guess I need to manually recreate all 30 templates in Essential Graphics. It does look like a much better program.

As a shortcut to some of that, try copy and pasting highlighted text from within an existing legacy title into a new (empty) text layer within a Graphics object in a sequence. We have some limited support for that sort of text + attribute copy/paste, so you should at least be able to retain things like Font, Size, Color... etc that way. Attached is a screengrab from a project where I have done just that to help you see what I mean.

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 11.12.12 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allow me to add my voice of disenchantment to the chorus of boos Adobe gets for this upgrade.

Sure, perhaps the new Essential Graphics panel will be the absolutely greatest thing since sliced bread and The Beatles, but your instructions as to how to find templates we've previously designed with the old Title Tool stink. And not in the way of a fine French cheese.

I have a subtitle format which I created for the producers of my show, but which I couldn't find this morning when they wanted it.

It doesn't make me look good when you hide these in your rush to update the Title Tool feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

obpadobecc867459048  wrote

your instructions as to how to find templates we've previously designed with the old Title Tool stink.

In Previous versions of PrPro (10.4 or earlier), Titler templates could be exported as .prtl files from within the Titler panel > Templates dialog to the destination of your choosing. There is no way for us to know the destination you chose, but if you search for .prtl files you should be able to find them if they still live on that same system. Once you import them, you can 2x click a Title item in the Project Panel or Timeline to open it in the legacy Titler. You can then edit and use them as you would have in previous versions. You just won't be able to export newly modified versions of them a templates. For that you need to use version 10.4 or earlier, which you can run concurrently with 11.1.1. or later. Otherwise, you can rebuild the ones you really like as .mogrt files, using the copy and paste method I described above as a shortcut.

A .prsl file is for Titler Text Styles, which is quite different than exported Titles (.prtl files). Custom Style Libraries (.prsl) can be saved and loaded from within the Titler but are not imported into projects like media. This is not anything new. --> Using text styles in the Premiere Pro Titler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines