• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Organizer 12

New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In media view, Organizer 12 will only display a filmstrip icon, not the first frame of video, for MP4 files.  If I click on the file, it opens up fine in Organizer, but it is annoying not to be able to see the film clip instead of the filmstrip icon.  MOV files are just fine, as are JPG and etc.  I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on two Dell systems and have tried this on both:  exact same problem.  I uninstalled and reinstalled PPE several times.  A couple of others on here have indicated that they have the same problem and I tried all suggestions posted to date.  Any new suggestions?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Quicktime 7 installed on your computer, per the program's system requirements?

You may also want to right-click on a clip and select Update Thumbnail to see if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Quicktime 7 is intalled.  Update Thumbnail makes no difference.  I deleted the Thumbs file which worked for some but not for me.  Again, if I click on an MP4 file in Organizer 12, it enlarges fine.  But it just shows a film clip icon when reduced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's something odd.  If I go into PPE editor,choose Add Media, and click on Organizer, the clip icons are properly shown.  But when I go to Organizer by itself, all if get are film clip icons where picture icons should be for MP4 files.  Again, this is Organizer 12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have no idea what is up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines