• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trapcode Tao not working

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help me out. I've been searching everywhere for a solution to this problem. I just got trapcode tao and it shows up and everything, but when I apply the effect to something all it does is change color. Nothing shows up. I'm using Adobe After Effects CS6.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Tao will not work with intel embedded graphics. This information is in the system requirements for the plug-in. Sorry, there's nothing you can do about it except use another computer. This is why you should be careful when buying software.

System Requirements | Red Giant

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without exact system info or other technical details as well as a workflow explanation. Tao is dependent on GPU acceleration and requires a sufficient graphics card and a working driver just as well as it requires masks and motion paths as inputs. You could be missing all or any of these ingredients.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's see, I'm on a Windows 10 (HP 15 Notebook PC). I don't know if this information is needed but my processor say Intel Pentium. My graphics card is Intel HD Graphics. All the directx features are enabled as well. Along with trapcode tao I had gotten trapcode sound keys and sound keys worked perfectly. Initially, right after I installed some of the trapcode features when I went to open After Effects the start up would get stuck on "Initializing Media Core". So i looked up a solution and eventually took out the file exporteravi.prm to get it to work. And it did work. But then it said I was missing things. Eventually I put it back in and did a different solution to get it to woek. Sadly, trapcode tao still does not work though. Sometimes after effects can be really slow and make my laptop slow. When i try to do a preview sometimes it even crashes. For this reason I turned on auto save which seemed to make it 100 times slower. I hope this information can be of some use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TAO is very picky about the GPU you have installed. If you are using built in graphics like some laptops have you are out of luck. As Mylenium said, we need complete system, os, and AE version down to the last decimal point to point you in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes, and also my version of after effects is version 11.0. System type is 64 bit. Os build is 14393.1066 . Darn, I see that the gpu requirements don't look like they fulfill mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tao will not work with intel embedded graphics. This information is in the system requirements for the plug-in. Sorry, there's nothing you can do about it except use another computer. This is why you should be careful when buying software.

System Requirements | Red Giant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I will definitely be getting a refund.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately TAO is GPU driven and the built in Intel Graphics adaptor is not anywhere near up to the task so TAO, and several other 3rd party plug-ins are not going to work on your laptop. If you are pursuing AE as a professional tool, sadly, you'll have to invest in some professional tools to use it efficiently and effectively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darn well thank you both of you for trying to help me out. Im kinda disappointed it won't work for this laptop but maybe they'll come up with that later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines