• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting to Photoshop anomd back To LightRoom

Contributor ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all I am on an 27 inch iMac all up todate and using Adobe Photoshop LightRoomCC and Photoshop CC 2017. Both are up todate as well as I am on a subscription. I have noticed that when I send a file from LightRoom to Photoshop for editing etc, and then resave the file in Photoshop, it saves it as a “Tif” file. To save it as a photoshop, you have to “Save As” That never used to be like that before as it always saved the file as a Photoshop un;ess you used “Save As”. Is this a glitch in the system or what? I just started noticing this happen after the file was brought back into LightRoom. So in essence if you just save the raw file in Photoshop, it automatically saves it as a “Tif” file and if you want to save it as a Photoshop file, you have to use “Save As” I think things have got reversed here. Anyone else notice this?

Tunney

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Thanks. I was looking at the Preferences in Photoshop when in fact I should have looked at the Preferences in LightRoom, which said “Tif”. Changed it back to Photoshop and it works normal again. Thanks very much. I should have caught that but was checking the preferences in Photoshop. Thanks again..

Tunney

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your settings in Preferences for External Editing

Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 3.50.08 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I was looking at the Preferences in Photoshop when in fact I should have looked at the Preferences in LightRoom, which said “Tif”. Changed it back to Photoshop and it works normal again. Thanks very much. I should have caught that but was checking the preferences in Photoshop. Thanks again..

Tunney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines