• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe InDesign One hand use only

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm designer and I have one hand only and I can't use a hotkeys while I'm using a mouse to draw smooth curve and a good selection. So what should i do?? Note I have used a sticky keys before but it doesn't fit for me.

My mail is  xxxxxxx@xxx [email address removed by moderator—this is a public forum]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

As far as I can tell, the issue is about how do deal with accessibility issues in Windows 7. I'm not an accessibility expert, but I know that the Macintosh (which I use) have a large number of accessibility features for different kind of accessibility issues. I know nothing of what Windows 7 has to offer.

You might need to ask in a Microsoft forum unless someone who comes here has the same combination of issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using which Adobe software? Which operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have not answer my question yet and 'm waiting your reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can tell, the issue is about how do deal with accessibility issues in Windows 7. I'm not an accessibility expert, but I know that the Macintosh (which I use) have a large number of accessibility features for different kind of accessibility issues. I know nothing of what Windows 7 has to offer.

You might need to ask in a Microsoft forum unless someone who comes here has the same combination of issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My operating system is Windows 7 32bit

And I use photoshop. Illustrator and InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Google to find this from Microsoft. Scroll down to find Windows 7. It looks like there is more with each version of Windows. I'm on a Mac and can't test these.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13810/windows-keyboard-shortcuts-accessibility

and also this:

Windows 7 and Windows 8 – Using your keyboard one handed | My Computer My Way

The note at the bottom of the page says this:

Note: If this does not work it could be because your computer settings cannot be changed due to local IT policies – contact your local IT support for further help.

Are you using this at home or at work? If you are at work, contact your IT department.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mohamed,

Apart from the suggestions above, I would also like to suggest you to try the "Touch" workspace of InDesign. It definitely does not have all the options as a normal workspace, however it might be an easy alternative for you.

Touch workspace in InDesign

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines