• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatic Point-of-Interest Cropping?

New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to set an automatic Point-of-Interest lets say on a face when cropping, so I could run a batch script crop on a set of images?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

The technology exists, but I don't know of any Adobe applications that use it yet. There are some non-Adobe companies that are starting to do it, like Smugmug. They say:

...since Lightroom is such a popular editing program for SmugMuggers, we can use its facial recognition to find the best point of interest. Even when the point of interest includes multiple focus points or faces, we’re able to build a bounding area around it that includes all of them.

But they've only gone as far as using this tec

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop dos not have such a feature.  Did you try search the web for a Photoshop Auto Cropping Plug-in.   I do no think you will find one.  Adobe Face detection do not detect all faces and often there are more than one face in an image.   Also what criteria would the Plug-in use to select points of interest and select an aspect ratio for the crops. Would the composition of the crops even be pleasing or even the crop you want?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The technology exists, but I don't know of any Adobe applications that use it yet. There are some non-Adobe companies that are starting to do it, like Smugmug. They say:

...since Lightroom is such a popular editing program for SmugMuggers, we can use its facial recognition to find the best point of interest. Even when the point of interest includes multiple focus points or faces, we’re able to build a bounding area around it that includes all of them.

But they've only gone as far as using this technology for gallery thumbnails. I don't think they're confident enough to apply it to actual photos. It may be a little while longer before face-aware cropping turns up in more mainstream applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines