• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gif Not Saving Correctly

New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been making gifs for a couple months, and after I finish I export them via Save For Web (Legacy). There I hit save, name the file, and I'm done. However, I did this again and the gif saved, but when I try to open it, it says "The file “Morph.gif” could not be opened." it gives the reason "It may be damaged or use a file format that Preview doesn’t recognize." However, I can still open other gifs and it is a gif file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the PSD file you constructed the GIF from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sethg92669976  wrote

Yes

So have you tried exporting it again?  If it says the file is broken, then it proberley is.   We see a whole lot of posts on this forum from people with broke files.  Usually PSD, and usually from a crash part way through saving.  In your case you have the master document (the PSD) so you are good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have tried multiple times to export it. I quit photoshop and restarted my computer, to no avail. I have the psd file but it won't let me export it. Is there anything else I can do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines