• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems Rendering Sequence of .AI files with "More Accurate" Antialiasing Settings

New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I've searched around online for a while and couldn't find anything recent about this issue.

I'm working in AE CC 2017, on a 2015 iMac, 16 GB RAM, 4 GHz Intel Core i7, with 16 GB RAM. My graphics card is an AMD Radeon R9 M395 2048.

I've got multiple different compositions, all of them set to continuously raster, and in each composition, I have dozens of .ai files (along with .movs, .psds, etc.), and many of the .ai files have photo assets in them. In order to prevent the photo assets from looking very jittery upon render, I've had to set the the antialiasing settings for each to "More Accurate," which seems to be causing the the following error: "after effects error : cannot allocate enough memory to antialias file (50:5)"

This is happening to every composition I try to render when I have .ai files in them with "More Accurate" antialiasing set. When I change them back to "Faster," they render out fine. I've already tried setting AE to purge every 2-20 frames during Make Movie (via the Secret) menu. This didn't work, and I haven't been able to find any other ideas online.

I did see another post on this forum from 2012, but, while it said it was answered, they just said that it was most likely a bug and there was no solution so I was hoping maybe, 5 years later, there has been a solution?

Is it possible that I actually just don't have enough memory, as the error is saying?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

This is inherent in the AI format handler and unless the Illustrator people fix it, there's no way around it. Quite generally you should avoid using pixel images embedded in AI files alltogether. AI is simply rubbish at dealing with pixel data. It presumably would be just as simple to create what you want using pre-comps in AE, anyway and avoid all the jumping hoops...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is inherent in the AI format handler and unless the Illustrator people fix it, there's no way around it. Quite generally you should avoid using pixel images embedded in AI files alltogether. AI is simply rubbish at dealing with pixel data. It presumably would be just as simple to create what you want using pre-comps in AE, anyway and avoid all the jumping hoops...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Illustrator doesn't handle photos well (as you've noticed). How possible is it for you to import the photos themselves into After Effects and work with them there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines