• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organizing Snippets

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2008 Sep 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 7 to provide curriculum for about 150 job roles many of which share common learning topics. I recently doscovered Snippets (tahnks to Rick on this forum) and thought they would be a good approach to reusing content common to multiple roles.

Is there a way to organize snippets? I could have hundreds of them and being able to have some sort of method to group them in folders or something like that would be helpful.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat - The answer appears to be no. You can organize them by giving them similar names and moving them up & down on the snippets pod, but can't place them in folders. Sounds like a good one for the Adobe Suggestions box though at: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will do that, thank you for the help and suggestion.

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Esch

Slight amendment to your link there.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can think of it from another direction, though. Rather than creating multiple topics to suit the needs of each audience and inserting the same snippet in each one, how about using conditional build tags?

With build tags, as you create a topic, assign build tags to the topic content that is audience-specific. Then, compile or generate/publish the project using build expressions to include / exclude the content as appropriate.

Just a thought - another way to get to where you want to be...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp