• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import from SD card hang - Windows 10 Creators Update & LR 2015.10

New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have installed the windows 10 creators update early and have LR updated to 2015.10. Prior to these latest updates, I've had no problem importing images directly from an SD card. Since installing both the above, the import process hangs on the first image. Specifically, LR reads the SD card, shows the photo previews and allows me to click import. Then it hangs, having created a temp folder and copied the first image file to the destination without applying the renaming logic. This behavaior is the same on two seperate machines, one being a clean install.

I can manually copy the files from the sd card to the local drive on both machines and then point LR at this folder and it imports fine. There are no permissions issues and graphics processing is turned off on both machines.

Any ideas would be welcome?

Regards, keef531-uk.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off the GPU option in the performance tab of the LR preferences and test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, already done - you may have missed this in my OP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the folder you have selected as the Destination for proper permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, if permissions were an issue why does the import process work when the source is the local C drive? The target is a QNAP NAS and the permissions remain unchanged from before both the windows 10 & LR updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the Windows 10 Creators Update broke the mapping to your QNAP NAS. Can you import to a local drive? Can you see the previously imported image files that are located on the NAS inside LR. Any ? icons on the folders or ! icon on the image files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the mapping to the NAS is fine. As I stated, if I manually copy the SD card files to the local C drive, using this as the source, the import works fine. I can see all my previous photos (some 80,000) and having re-sync'd them none are reported missing. I can also use the drive mapping successfully outside LR e.g. to open other documents.

Even during the failed import it still successfully copies the first image file to the destination. However it does not rename the file as per the import preset. At this point it just sits there and I have left it for an hour or more and still no progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you copy files directly from the SD card to the same NAS folder you are using in the LR Import module with Windows Explorer? You only mention, "if I manually copy the SD card files to the local C drive, using this as the source, the import works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes I can manually copy files directly from the SD card to the target destination on the nas however this does not perform the LR import preset functions that I need e.g. file renaming etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just trying to determine if there was a system-wide issue with writing to the NAS. You've confirmed that is NOT the case. My guess is something in the Windows 10 Creators Update is incompatible with LR and causing the issue. I suggest reporting it as a 'Problem' at the Photoshop Family site. Adobe staff monitor this site and may be able to help.

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks I have done as you suggested and will update this thread if the problem is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines