• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen Goes Black When Recording

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2008 Sep 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using Captivate 1. When recording voice and an application at the same time for a product demo, my screen goes black within 30-60 seconds of starting to record.

I have 2GB RAM, an external Creative sound card and a standard video card that came with my Dell desktop.

The audio and video continue to record when the screen goes blank, but that obviously doesn't matter since I can't tell what I am doing within the application being recorded.

Any ideas? I didn't want to just upgrade Captivate hoping that would fix the issue without first checking with the community to see if anyone has had similar issues.
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Have you tried ensuring that the Hardware Acceleration setting isn't being monkeyed with? It's an option in the recording preferences for Full Motion.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the reply. The acceleration was check for higher quality, but it isn't a flicker. The screen will go black and stay black until I end the recording. I'll try a few tests with the accelerator turned off and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources