• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Microphone turns on when open After Effects. Why?

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm new to After Effects so there may be an easy fix for this but i can't find on the forums.

When I open After Effects and I have on my headphones (that are synced to my computer via bluetooth) I can hear myself back. The microphone has been enacted somehow. Is there a reason for this with AE?? How do I stop this from happening?

I have gone to settings and checked the audio and my headphones are selected as the output source but that doesn't explain the microphone sound??  I know it is After Effects because when I quit it straight after opening, the microphone is turned off.

i'm using

V 14.1.0.57

Any explanation to this mystery would be appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

UPDATE: It looks like it's my MacBook Pro rather than the program. It has something to do with the keyboard dictation. It does it as well when iMessage sends me a text message.  I haven't figured out how to stop it coming through bluetooth headphones but I'm on the Apple Forums to see if I can get an answer there 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds odd. I would expect the mic to be needed for Character Animator, but not for After Effects. That's really weird. You might consider filing a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with mine. Does the same thing. CRAZY annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Adobe support and please let us know what they suggest and if it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: It looks like it's my MacBook Pro rather than the program. It has something to do with the keyboard dictation. It does it as well when iMessage sends me a text message.  I haven't figured out how to stop it coming through bluetooth headphones but I'm on the Apple Forums to see if I can get an answer there 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Roaring Dog,

Can you check the issue with wired headphones? See if that works and report back.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working this bug out through Apple as I think its a flaw with the keyboard dictation setting on my Mac. Did you find a solution yet? I'll let you know what I find out 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines