• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

More choices and power, please. [Want to subscribe only to Character Animator CC]

New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand why Adobe switched to the subscription business model. Adobe products are excellent, and as a result became one of the most cracked software packages available. But, I am not a fan of being TOLD which apps I can or cannot subscribe to.

I would like to subscribe to the Character Animator CC package...ALONE. I have other image editing software to take care of my other graphical needs. However, my only choice seems to be to spend $50 / month to access a bunch of programs I don't need. Yea, I know it's $49.99, officially, but the psychological manipulation techniques of advertising is not the issue here.

I would like to be able to pick a single app to subscribe to, if possible. I expect to pay $49.99 (really $50, but, hey, what's a penny?) for Adobe After Effects, considering that it is a powerful program. Like I said, I am interested in Character Animator. Any chance I can pay a reasonable monthly subscription price for that app alone?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

not currently.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not currently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, kglad, for your reply. I hope that changes soon. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know, but i suspect it will when character animator moves out of beta testing.  while still being tested adobe might not feel justified in charging for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or it could go the complete opposite direction and get pulled. We've seen that happen more than a few times. 

Unless Adobe fully commits to a new product's ongoing development, it would be wrong to sell it.   Open source?  Sure.  Edge Code eventually evolved into Brackets which is still open source.

Edge Animate ended its beta and sort of died.  Although parts of it were integrated into the new Animate CC (formerly Flash Pro).   One can never tell what the future holds for these beta products.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the more reason to let me choose CA alone. Knowing my subscription is going directly to the development of CA, I am more likely to choose it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until it comes out of Beta, it's just experimental.  

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of any software vendor which charges for beta software given the contractual and support issues involved when money changes hands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mind paying for access to early versions of products. In video games, you often buy a game while it's in "Early Access" mode while the game is still being developed to help the developers complete the game using player experience to optimize game performance. For me, I am more than happy to pay into the development of products I use, especially when the developers of that product use my input to fine tune and complete the product prior to release. Maybe it's different for software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Adobe has never worked that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep. Everybody has their process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines