• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE 4.5 won’t open any EPUB3 on Win10

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since migrating to a computer running Windows 10 Pro, I cannot open any valid EPUB3 file with a toc nav element any more.

If I remove epub:type="toc" from the nav, or in some cases if I remove the ol from the nav, I can open the EPUB. It will use the NCX instead and probably also use the EPUB2 renderer.

I’m using ADE 4.5.126523. The effect I see is that ADE won’t display anything, will consume much CPU, and will never stop.

I uninstalled and reinstalled ADE, to no avail.

Has anybody else experienced the same thing?

Here’s a sample file, but as I said, any EPUB3 with a toc nav will fail to open, at least on my computer.

Dropbox - test.epub

—Gerrit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. In my case, I export an epub3 file directly from Adobe InDesign. By default, the file opens in ADE on export. ADE spins (not responding, high CPU). I have to force quit. I didn't try removing the TOC. If I export the same InDesign doc as epub 2.0.1, it opens fine.

I'm also on Win 10 pro. My ADE version is 4.5.1.133054.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same problem.

Windows 10 Pro, ADE 4.5 and any ePUB 3 (tried several different files from different sources) cause ADE to go into "Not Responding" and I have to kill the task.

I downloaded ADE 3.0 and tested that.  The files open but they're broken so there is clearly an issue with 4.5.

Downloaded AZARDI and all the ePUB 3 files open without a hitch.

This is clearly an issue with ADE that needs to get sorted out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Example in dropbox now gives an error 404, file not found

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? I have 2 Windows 10 Home edition computers with ADE 4.5.8.183423 installed. On one machine (a Desktop) -- ADE crashes with any epub3 document (if I remove the <ol> from the nav, it falls back to epub2 and displays, as described in the original post). On the second machine (a laptop), the epub3 document opens without any problems.

So it appears there is a dependency on something outside of ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK -- I just got mine working. After my last reply, I found a note about how Digital Editions uses Internet Explorer for its rendering engine.

Here is what I did:

1. Opened Internet Explorer 11

2. Clicked the Gear Icon -> Internet Options

3. Under Advanced tab, click Reset... button at the bottom.

4. Clicked "Delete personal settings" checkbox, then "Reset"

After doing this, I restarted ADE and it opened the EPUB3 document without issue.

Hope this works for everyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines