• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 Version 2017 1.0 Black window conundrum!

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I have upgraded my Photoshop CC 2017 version 2017 1.0    I am operating the latest Mac OS on my iMac.  Now every now and again. At least twice a day. When i jump over to Lightroom or any other program then return to Photoshop. All my working windows are Black, All the Pallettes are gone and the Menu bar is gone. Nothing i do brings it back to normal. Opening a new file results in a Black window, Nothing fixes this except closing the program and restarting it.   Interestingly, i can still save an image but can't see it tor the progress bar.   PLEASE HELP!

Below are screen captures of my problem. 

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 3.31.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-18 at 3.32.05 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi robzstuff,

As you are facing an issue with black screen it indicates that issue might be occurring due to the GPU, Please follow this article and let us know if it helps Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

And please let us know which graphics card are you using? You can check the link below to see if your graphics card is compatible with Photoshop or not.

Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) card FAQ

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not correct The Photoshop CC 2017 0.1 is not working correctly. I had the Graphics card changed and it still happened. I reverted back to Photoshop CC 2017 0.0 and its working fine.  This in my opinion equals a Photoshop comparability problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for providing the information, Could you please try updating Photoshop to version CC 2017.1.1

Please let us know if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines