• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio (PPC) File Size

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2008 Sep 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. We have been working with Adobe Presenter to create presentations/lectures which we ultimately upload to our University Adobe Connect server. We have been seeing some very annoying problems with the size of the audio (PPC) file.

On one system, I recorded a lecture that had 60 slides and 60 minutes of audio. The PPC file size is roughly about 30MB.

On another system, I recorded 18 slides with 23 minutes of audio. The PPC files size is roughly 130MB.

I then took the 2nd presentation I created (130MB) and attempted to split it into two presentations to get smaller lecture sizes. I did this via Adobe Presenter and PowerPoint. I cut the presentation into two presentations, A and B. I then had 2 audio (PPC) files per part (A & B). The very strange thing was that the size of the PPC file for each of them (130MB) was the same as it was when they were combined (130MB). I would think it should have been less, roughly half but it stayed identical. If I looked at the audio for part A and then for part B via the 'Audio Editor' it showed just their audio (so half the minutes as the original) but why is the size of the audio file the same as the combined version?

One both the systems I am using to create/record these presentations, I am running Windows XP with Office 2003. Also, on each system, the audio quality level is the same.

Please let me know what you think. I appreciate the help.

Bob Schell
University of Colorado Denver
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2008 Sep 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention which version of Presenter I am using: Adobe Presenter 6.2 Build 582

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2008 Sep 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Bob,

I would guess that the file size has mostly to do with the audio file that was used and what it's recording quality setting was.

In the end does the PPC file size cause any problems? The audio may be in WAV format which is good quality but large. When published the audio is converted to MP3 so the file size should drop.

Jorma@RealEyes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources