Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Noise / grain rejection

New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I´m new in this stock world and i've been having problems uploading content, most of my pics rejected because of noise/grain problems.
After watching some tutorials about getting rid of the noise (workflow between lightroom, Denoise and on1) i could soften the images but still got rejected for the same reason, noise/grain.

Any help, hint or opinion would be much appreciated!

Thank you all!

Here are the first photo without post editing, and the second, after editing and denoising:

P1000730.JPG

Pajaro_suiza.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

You need to do a deep dive into your camera's settings. Your camera is applying sharpening to the image that is degrading the edges. See this detail from your untouched shot?

0versharpened.jpg

See how right by the edge of the bird the water is darker and right by that same edge the bird is lighter? Your camera is doing that and it lowers the quality of your image across the board. Turn any sharpening options off and/or to their lowest setting.

This bad edge gets exacerbated by post-processing.

0versharpened.jpg

See?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to do a deep dive into your camera's settings. Your camera is applying sharpening to the image that is degrading the edges. See this detail from your untouched shot?

0versharpened.jpg

See how right by the edge of the bird the water is darker and right by that same edge the bird is lighter? Your camera is doing that and it lowers the quality of your image across the board. Turn any sharpening options off and/or to their lowest setting.

This bad edge gets exacerbated by post-processing.

0versharpened.jpg

See?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Szalam, quick and accurate!

I did have a +1 in sharpness by the way, so i turned down to 0 now and i will try again in my next uploads. Hope it works, and thanks again for taking the time to answer so precisely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem!
Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines